Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't think you're going to see LHN in full time HD on Dish at all. It's about to be folded into SEC Network when Texas enters the conference. No, this isn't official, but can you see the other SEC schools allowing LHN to continue as a separate revenue stream for Texas?

To have the Longhorns move there, I thought maybe they would allow it but it will be shut down.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The good news is we are just a couple last consolidations from a single dispute blacking out all the channels. Wait... that isn't good news. I thought consolidation was supposed to be better for the customer. I know, I know, I'm kidding. But they do say that every time they buy each other up. I mean yes, having X-Men on Disney+ is nice, but they could have negotiated that without buying Fox. These days, a dispute occurs and now a wide ranging selection of channels blackout. Used to be ESPN. Now it is ESPN, FX, and Freeform and etc...

...and this is exactly what kills Dish's tactic of saying "go ahead, remove your channels." Ten years ago, that was HBO only, CNN only, etc. Today, due to consolidation, it's a HUGE chunk of the entire programming spectrum. That simply cannot happen.

OR Disney realized they just lost 10's of millions of viewers that weren't seeing their advertisers that pay for their ads to be seen.....
No, they lost 10(?- if that much) million POTENTIAL viewers. Just because people subscribe to it, doesn't mean they watch. Did they have fewer viewers because of this blackout? I'm sure. Was it a significant amount to really affect the ratings? Possibly, but I'm not convinced.

So quit Dish. I'm sure they'll be shattered
typical answer when someone has a different opinion

you probably don't pay for your dish service so it makes no difference to you
but for those of us that have been through this crap for years all in the name of "keeping prices low" are worn out with it
paying the same monthly fee for lesser channels is not good business for the customer. For me, the loss of these channels
represents a loss of approximately 10% of the service that I pay for. Is Dish going to reduce my bill by 10%. No they will not
They may offer a few dollars for a month or 2 or offer the dreamscapes or what ever they are called, but nothing that amounts to anything

alternately, those that live in rural areas and do not have access to cable or fast internet have no options other than Dish or Direct
just like the hopper+ advertised as the next great creation by Dish, yet those that have made the jump would hardly agree
Is Dish going to refund their money.......I doubt it very much

typical answer when someone has a different opinion

you probably don't pay for your dish service so it makes no difference to you
but for those of us that have been through this crap for years all in the name of "keeping prices low" are worn out with it
paying the same monthly fee for lesser channels is not good business for the customer. For me, the loss of these channels
represents a loss of approximately 10% of the service that I pay for. Is Dish going to reduce my bill by 10%. No they will not
They may offer a few dollars for a month or 2 or offer the dreamscapes or what ever they are called, but nothing that amounts to anything
Dish has provided numerous things to customers during disputes. You lose channels for a period of time, they'll credit you if you go online and chat. Didn't they give people Rokus and offer small free indoor antennas to deal with disputes?

Disputes aren't fun, and they can be a pain. But it isn't as if Dish hasn't provided compensation for losses if someone asks. Didn't we recently get an unsolicited $5 credit for a recent locals loss?
alternately, those that live in rural areas and do not have access to cable or fast internet have no options other than Dish or Direct
just like the hopper+ advertised as the next great creation by Dish, yet those that have made the jump would hardly agree
Is Dish going to refund their money.......I doubt it very much
Likely won't, as I believe Dish doesn't get a credit if they aren't allowed to show the programming.

I read in this thread that Dish renews 100's of channels each year. IMO we should be paid to even have some of these channels in our packages.
Why not have it pay for what you want and not these total useless channels...shouldn't be hard to do..should it?

I read in this thread that Dish renews 100's of channels each year. IMO we should be paid to even have some of these channels in our packages.
Why not have it pay for what you want and not these total useless channels...shouldn't be hard to do..should it?
Well, we couldn't do that before all of these channels were owned by the same conglomerate. Now that they are all owned by the same conglomerates, the bundles come pre-bundled.

Wonder how many jumped thru their A-- like I did. I wanted to watch the F-1 auto race live on ESPN! So I joined Disney+ bundle that includes ESPN+ and hulu. So I clicked on ESPN+ and selected the race. Well guess what it wanted a TV provider to watch. Of course the DISH provider didn't work so tried to select the hulu provider. Well the hulu app I have doesn't include their TV service. So no F-1 race for me to watch. I wonder how many folks like me went thru this. I bet Disney+ gained bunch of new customers. I hope too many customers quit DISH!

Maybe the NHL &/or NFL had something to say about this dispute also?, maybe Disney, was hearing it from either or both of the leagues, with the NFL season just starting and the NHL starting in a week,
this could pose a problem with them.

But then again maybe the leagues don't care, they still get their money from ESPN., or possibly advertisers ??? What ever the reason of course will not be publicly known.

Sure seems like Dish had to have been the one to blink here. I have to believe that it hurt Dish more than it did Disney. My solution for Saturday was to "borrow" someone else's login to watch football on the app. I don't feel even slightly bad about that because I'm already paying for that programming. If it would have gone into next weekend, then my plan was to go to a different provider for service. I wasn't going to go through that hassle again. I also made my viewpoint clear on the official Dish Twitter page (seems like the easiest way to interact directly with a company these days).

Sure seems like Dish had to have been the one to blink here. I have to believe that it hurt Dish more than it did Disney. My solution for Saturday was to "borrow" someone else's login to watch football on the app. I don't feel even slightly bad about that because I'm already paying for that programming. If it would have gone into next weekend, then my plan was to go to a different provider for service. I wasn't going to go through that hassle again. I also made my viewpoint clear on the official Dish Twitter page (seems like the easiest way to interact directly with a company these days).
It was probably both sides that "blinked", but I agree with you, I think Dish blinked harder. I'm just guessing, but Dish's negotiators took their typical hard line, Disney didn't fall for it, and called their bluff. Then they both did some real negotiation.

It was probably both sides that "blinked", but I agree with you, I think Dish blinked harder. I'm just guessing, but Dish's negotiators took their typical hard line, Disney didn't fall for it, and called their bluff. Then they both did some real negotiation.

This time I agree I think DISH blinked harder, or negotiated from a different stance, however you want to word it. In today's world it may not have anything to do with the cost to carry however, could have been how DISH can do it, stream it, keep it available through DISH Online etc etc...

Called their bluff? Dish let HBO disappear for years! Dish is one of the only ones who don't seem to bluff.