Disney Picture Quality?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

seanb

Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
I have always had problems with the picture quality of the Disney channel, but thought it was due to either a poor signal, or bad compression, or something that my non-tech mind knew nothing about.

BUT now that we receive it in HD (even though I haven't seen an actual show in HD yet) I still notice the same problem. Most all of the shows look very blurry, and when there is fast movement on the screen it becomes even more apparent.

Does anyone know why this is? Is it poor quality filming of the shows, or a signal problem? Is it some new form of 3-D and I need special Disney glasses to watch their shows? Even most of the SD channels appear to have better picture quality then Disney for some reason.

all of the disney channels are bad quality. however, the shows in HD do look good surprisingly

I havent seen anything that was actually in HD either. Too me that kind of sucks, for Dish and Disney to say a channel is HD but most of the shows are being broadcast in SD.

I understand that not every show was made in HD but when I turn to a HD channel I expect to see HD, atleast most of the time, and not just every now and then.

Kind of disappointing actually.

there has been some hd on there,

i forget what movie played the other day,but it was Hd and surprised me,

also i saw my kid watching Phineas and ferb cartoon,i could not belive how Hd could make a cartoon look so clean and crisp

If you're talking about their sitcoms and stuff...it kind of looks like they shoot in 24p, or run standard video through some kind of framerate converter. Some people think this makes it look more like film, but if not done properly, it looks jittery and/or blurry to some people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)