Disney Sets Deal To Acquire Most Of Fox, A Game-Changing Deal That Will Redraw Hollywood Landscape

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And currently internet is tiered. You can purchase larger data caps and faster speeds at different prices. Before and after NN.

Reactions: ncted
Landlines are considered a utility as well, and they offer tiers still.
Land lines are dead....and you know it!......Again, no Mom and Pop are goint to dump 10 billion in a startup creating competition....Thats just silly!

Now the new rules the ISPs can creat whatever tiers they want......Give it a year with all kinds of extra charges.....

Reactions: TheKrell
And currently internet is tiered. You can purchase larger data caps and faster speeds at different prices. Before and after NN.

In ten years I have NEVER had a tier.....Caps yes, tier no...Just an extra charge if you broke and exceeded your contract.

You can’t pay for faster internet? And larger caps would be a tier.

But you also admit that they invested billions even after the subsidies?

Oh for crying out load, let's get back on topic. Here's some clarification on what is not included, from Variety magazine.
Staying with 21st Century Fox is the Fox broadcast network and its 28 TV stations, the Fox News and Fox Business channels, and the national Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 networks and cablers Big Ten Network and Fox Deportes. Notably, the 50-acre 20th Century Fox lot in Century City will also remain with the new Fox company.

Here is one more tidbit, the deal also includes a failure penalty. If the FCC kills the merger Disney has to pay Fox a $2.5 billion breakup fee. Makes you wonder if Fox isn't hoping it fails.

You can’t pay for faster internet? And larger caps would be a tier.

But you also admit that they invested billions even after the subsidies?

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but since the FCC vote, I've noticed Netflix throttling with Verizon when my VPN is turned off. I have the "Beyond Unlimited" plan, with a phone tethered to my PC. I'm getting 25+ mbps, but Netflix is choppy. They aren't supposed to slow my video down in any way with this plan. Been working on adjusting my servers and routers to use a VPN that allows Netflix (there aren't many).

Oh for crying out load, let's get back on topic. Here's some clarification on what is not included, from Variety magazine.

Here is one more tidbit, the deal also includes a failure penalty. If the FCC kills the merger Disney has to pay Fox a $2.5 billion breakup fee. Makes you wonder if Fox isn't hoping it fails.
Here's another thought: Does Dish have any contracts with Disney that are up for renewal soon? This could work to Dish's advantage. Dish could say something like "Give us favorable terms, and we pledge not to oppose your merger with Fox." I remember one Charlie Chat, with Charlie complaining about Disney trying to pull something like that with Dish, asking for more money in exchange for not opposing the Echostar/Hughes (Dish and Directv) merger. Payback is a b!tch, ain't it!

Here's another thought: Does Dish have any contracts with Disney that are up for renewal soon? This could work to Dish's advantage. Dish could say something like "Give us favorable terms, and we pledge not to oppose your merger with Fox." I remember one Charlie Chat, with Charlie complaining about Disney trying to pull something like that with Dish, asking for more money in exchange for not opposing the Echostar/Hughes (Dish and Directv) merger. Payback is a b!tch, ain't it!

I don't know about all the Disney contracts, but the ESPN contract with Dish goes through 2022. ACC Network to debut in era of cost-cutting

I wish I could pay more to drive faster on the highway...just sayin'.

You can. You can drive up to 55 on the free highways and 65 to 75 (depending on the state) on the turnpikes, which most always have a toll.

Reactions: Bobby
You can. You can drive up to 55 on the free highways and 65 to 75 (depending on the state) on the turnpikes, which most always have a toll.

We've only got a couple of toll roads in NC, and the speed limits are the same a the regular freeways, but what I want is a special driver's license which lets me drive 100 everywhere. Alas, all passenger car traffic is subject to the same speed limits.

We've only got a couple of toll roads in NC, and the speed limits are the same a the regular freeways, but what I want is a special driver's license which lets me drive 100 everywhere. Alas, all passenger car traffic is subject to the same speed limits.
No, what you want is a license to drive an emergency vehicle.

No, what you want is a license to drive an emergency vehicle.

This?

Bluesmobile_at_House_of_Blues_Dallas_-_3-4_view.jpg

Reactions: Annie61

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts