Display Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My display is now whacked out after updating my Nvidia 6800GT drivers.

The same resolution I have set for my 19" Widescreen (1440X900) is now making me scroll to view my entire desktop.

How do I fix this?

My monitor has auto adjust. But if you don't have that- Try testing the settings in windows. You should have several pixel ratios to try and two AR's 4x3 and 16x9 graphically represented.

I ended up reverting back to the previous driver. :(
That's why I'll never buy another NVidia Video card if I can help it. ATI seem to have much more stable drivers, in my experience. YMMV.

There's a fix for this issue.

I did install the newest drivers again. I found this fix after I installed the drivers on my dad's computer after he bought his new widescreen.

You have to go to the Nvidia control panel and do a custom configuration. For the setting select GTF.

For some reason the video card thinks the refresh rate is 75Hz, even though Windows is set to 60Hz. The new profile gets it to see 60Hz again.

Not completely surprised that you found your solution in the control panel. I also recently had a problem with the recently upgraded software. I didn't have any problem with the drivers, and I also have a 6800GT (but I don't have a widescreen monitor). The problem I had was with the new control panel. I recently installed one of my computers to my home theater system, and couldn't get the card to send a decent signal to the TV. The problem is that the wizard to set up what type of cable you are using skips a step or two. Like the one where you actually change the settings. All I had to do was set the nvidia control panel back to the "classic" view and I could make my changes. The control panel has changed quite a bit recently. Stuff I used to know where to find it in the control panel, now I have to search, and in the case I mentioned, the step I needed wasn't even there. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)