Distant CBS HD anyone???

Francisco,

You need to call up KOVR and whatever the station is in Chico (yeah, I know). Both of them will grant a waiver for the West coast feed only since KOVR is an O&O.

Scott

Gotcha. Thanks!, I did that in the past and I actually got it. I just didn't know if I could still do the same. I called one of their engineers in the past and he was very nice and walked me thru the process. Also, Not sure though if I'd have to go thru the whole process again since I disconnected Dish for a few months. I guess I can only find out if I call dish again!

teachsac said:
Francisco,

You need to call up KOVR and whatever the station is in Chico (yeah, I know). Both of them will grant a waiver for the West coast feed only since KOVR is an O&O.

Scott

called dish and put a request for a waiver, BUT, since sacramento is already O&O why would I need a waiver now??? according to the dish qualification web page if I"m in an O&O market I should get it right away, correct?? Perhaps the CSR I spokew with didn't really have a clue about it!

Last edited:
I have HD-Silver with locals, and I'm in the Denver market which is also O&O. I read it that it shouldn't be a problem, but about a month ago tech support told me I was reading it wrong. She was going to put in a waiver, and then told me they were not submitting any more waivers.

I saw my first full page ad in the paper for DirecTv warning people that if you have Dish, you will lose all locals, so switch to DirecTv...

We basically have no CBS station in Wilmington, NC--it is FCC classified as a repeater I believe, it is impossible to receive them via antenna due to low power. In fact, I don't even need a waiver in order to get distant CBS (HD).

Can't imagine how they can remove it from our market...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)