distant locals - am I too far away?

Disconnect Signals?

n0qcu said:
NO, but dish does continue to send disconnect signals so eventually they will be shut off.

Presumably the service would be shut off immediately once the disconnect signal is received by my receiver. (Rather than waiting for the receiver to be turned off like with software updates.)

Is there any schedule for such disconnect signals to be sent? Because TiVo and Dish Network don't "play nicely" when the TiVo tries to record a channel that one doesn't subscribe to, I sort of want to know how long I am likely to have before I need to monitor the TiVo more closely. Months? Weeks? Days? Also, is there a time of day that such a disconnect signal would be sent? If so, I would rather check just after a disconnect signal would likely have been sent than just before.

Redrhino

My guess is that it is an automated function so there in now way to know when a disconeect for your box would be sent. All I am reasonable sure of is the more time since the actual disconnect the farther apart the signals get.

It could happen now, or a month from now.

My 2 cents...

When "a friend of mine" ( :D ) called and told them he "moved", after 10 minutes the old "locals" went away, and about two hours later, the new "locals" were there. Problem, as mentioned earlier, was "spot beams" preventing some locals from being viewed. No big deal, right?

By the way, he said the CSRs did not hesitate one bit in processing the "move".

I "Moved" recently to get Philly locals... had a brainstorm one afternoon and realized my old address (which has a proper forwarding address) is in the local area... so far no issues.

By the way, i tell customers if they choose to 'Move" to pick the actual post office address in their "new" town.. guaranteed not to have a dish account there.

jondo said:
When "a friend of mine" ( :D ) called and told them he "moved", after 10 minutes the old "locals" went away, and about two hours later, the new "locals" were there. Problem, as mentioned earlier, was "spot beams" preventing some locals from being viewed. No big deal, right?

By the way, he said the CSRs did not hesitate one bit in processing the "move".

I called in to move and the guy said "did you want to leave your billing address the same?" :D

The day I moved is when Duluth, MN locals went up. It wasn't available in the computer at the time so he "would keep your Minneapolis locals on the account" (since thats all I have).
I added Duluth via the website and now have BOTH :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)