Distant Networks Changing Channels

Rudisill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 3, 2011
On the road
I see on the guide that my distant networks (9950-9958) are moving to different channels.

Does that mean that I need to re-do all my timers, or with they be moved automatically? (722 receiver)

can anyone from the Dirt team activate distant networks? if so, hit me up. :)

sure they can. Just fill out the necessary forms on the Dish site, make sure your account is set up properly (this includes a possible 2nd account) and send in your RV or semi rig registration and they'll gladly turn them on

Otherwise, you're SOL

from Dish site

In order for DISH Network to provide you with Distant Network Service, you will need to submit the following documentation:

Completed Recreational and Commercial Vehicle Declaration - Distant Network Service Authorization Request (available for download in the side bar to the right)
Photocopy of the current registration for the recreational or commercial vehicle for which you are requesting Distant Network Service
Photocopy of commercial driver's license (if you are requesting access for a commercial vehicle)
Completed Equipment Service Requirements form

Please be advised that federal law imposes these documentation requirements for you to qualify for this service. The declaration signed by you confirms that the satellite dish used to receive the Distant Network Service is permanently attached to your recreational or commercial vehicle. In addition, in order for you to enjoy Distant Network Service for your recreational or commercial vehicle, DISH Network requires that you establish a separate account.

Who's gonna add a second account just to get distants. If someone has an RV they can just have one account and an OTA for locals. Dish is wasting their time if they're already providing all DMA.

can anyone from the Dirt team activate distant networks? if so, hit me up. :)

Who's gonna add a second account just to get distants. If someone has an RV they can just have one account and an OTA for locals. Dish is wasting their time if they're already providing all DMA.

As Iceberg mentioned, the distant networks are only available for RV customers (by law), and documentation does need to be sent in. There is only one department that can add them on, so DIRT can not add distant networks to an account.

There is also AAD

Last edited:
Who's gonna add a second account just to get distants. .

because thats part of the agreement...per the same RV page on the dish site

Please be advised that federal law imposes these documentation requirements for you to qualify for this service. The declaration signed by you confirms that the satellite dish used to receive the Distant Network Service is permanently attached to your recreational or commercial vehicle. In addition, in order for you to enjoy Distant Network Service for your recreational or commercial vehicle, DISH Network requires that you establish a separate account.

Your separate account associated with your recreational or commercial vehicle will be set up under the DISH Network Pay-As-You-Go program. Therefore, during times when you will not need programming in your recreational or commercial vehicle, you may simply let the service lapse.

My take on AAD - Charlie is thumbing his finger at the FCC and the networks by AAD being on his satellite system. It allows many of his customers to get two out of market distant sets of networks that I would say no other provider (that carries your locals) can do. I don't think he want to let that go. As long as AAD is viable I am thinking they will remain.

Agree with tampa8, except I don't really understand why AAD lost HD locals. Seems like money Charlie left on the table for no discernible reason.

I posted this in the uplink thread.
I betcha the whole AAD was just a Dish "shell" company. NPS (who was also a C-Band dealer until this past year) was also a Dish retailer. So Charlie already had someone to go to. The whole AAD name, while was answered in Indiana (where NPS is located), was because Charlie sure as heck couldnt have his folks answer

NPS did all the work...."AAD" was the company name used come tax time. Now NPS dropped C-Band and just sells Dish (along with that sobongo crap)

It would be nice if they were on EA don't know why they are on WA so everyone could get them if they wanted too.

If you have a line of site to the 119 satellite, you can get them even if you are on the EA by adding that satellite.

We haven't heard anything about the AAD channels being removed
Will AAD ever put up HD distant nets again? why did you dish change you telephone and your online account iwhere you cant find out what you owe or ahead on your account? its wrong a customer cant find out wht they owe or ahead on their account and they need to go back to the old way on phone.ty for help:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)