Distant Networks Changing Channels

It would be nice if they were on EA don't know why they are on WA so everyone could get them if they wanted too.
Are you referring to Dish DNS?
If so, the WA had East Coast SD and West Coast in HD. The WA has East Coast in HD and West Coast in SD. The reasons are to meet the FCC requirement of not receiving HD programs before they are available via broadcast.

Just because you can focus on a satellite doesn't necessarily mean you can receive the channels. So far, I haven't heard of anyone receiving West Coast HD using a receiver that is primarily on the EA satellites. Or a WA user picking up the East Coast HD off of a EA satellite.

It might work.

Will AAD ever put up HD distant nets again? I wish they would.

I second that emotion. I also can't understand why Charlie can't allow AAD access to his SD/HD transponder feeds (for a fee) already taking up space, and free up the transponders AAD is currently using for other programming. SF would go bye-bye unless DISH could conus the local spotbeams for AAD big4.

I second that emotion. I also can't understand why Charlie can't allow AAD access to his SD/HD transponder feeds (for a fee) already taking up space, and free up the transponders AAD is currently using for other programming. SF would go bye-bye unless DISH could conus the local spotbeams for AAD big4.

easy. The distants Dish is allowed to sell can only be for RV'ers/semi drivers. That is per the FCC. Not for "movers"
Dish already got their hand in the cookie jar once with allowing folks who technically dont qualify for distants get them. They dont want to screw that up again

But it wouldn't be DISH selling the distants. It must be awful fine print if the only way DISH can stay out of trouble is to provile distants to AAD only if they're taking up extra space on different transponders!

What we don't know, nor probably never will, is what AAD is paying for transponders. No matter what it is, it would be a minimum of double the cost to have duplicate transponders in the EA. That would require a lot more subscribers of cover the costs.

But it wouldn't be DISH selling the distants. It must be awful fine print if the only way DISH can stay out of trouble is to provile distants to AAD only if they're taking up extra space on different transponders!

Its a very fine line. Remember Dish can only sell distants to RV'ers and semi drivers after losing the ability to sell anything outside of ones local area for 5 years. AAD can pretty much sell it to anyone who makes up an address that qualifies for them. If they are in any way connected Dish could get in trouble again.
Thats why they are separate entities and I dont see them being attached in any way except that those AAD locals can be used on a Dish receiver

edit:hmmmmm this is interesting. AAD has TP15 "leased" from Dish.....and has 8 SD stations. 240 (That hunting channel) is ALSO on TP15. I know 240 use to be a slate on how to get AAD channels back then. But its interesting that Dish put one of their channels on that TP

What we don't know, nor probably never will, is what AAD is paying for transponders. No matter what it is, it would be a minimum of double the cost to have duplicate transponders in the EA. That would require a lot more subscribers of cover the costs.

Not if they could access the sd/hd transponders DISH is using for rvers. A separate entity offering the same service they do now only using the DISH feeds that are already taking up space...freeing up the tp space AAD is currently using.

It is still insanely frustrating to have been an HD AAD customer....and have lost those channels.
Watching The Masters/Super Bowl/World Series in SD....is brutal after having been spoiled by HD.
Please....PLEASE....AAD, figure out a way to bring us HD networks again.

Not if they could access the sd/hd transponders DISH is using for rvers. A separate entity offering the same service they do now only using the DISH feeds that are already taking up space...freeing up the tp space AAD is currently using.

That's a huge assumption that the fine line between Dish and AAD would be still in force. I would have to question the relationship at that point. Meaning of course would the FCC. Why can't others share other channels then and start a business?

Noticed this morning that The All American Direct website is no longer up and running and the link to sign up MyDistantNetworks is also gone.
Does this mean this service is no longer availabe?

It would not surprise me to see the aad channels gone after December 1st.

I would then expect Dish to change its rules and follow the rules that nps was using.

I would then expect Dish to change its rules and follow the rules that nps was using.

so people that have been getting those channels for years wont be able to get it after december 1st? ty :)

They can't follow those rules. Virtually no hosuehold who gets Dish can get distants. Unless you have heard something, I would be surprised if they just went away December 1st to those now subscribed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)