Distant networks, Locals, Supers and Voom out...(now back)

Lucky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 8, 2003
New York
I have waivers for my locals and subscribe to KWGN and KTLA and all the channels right now have a black screen. Does anyone know what is going on ? Has the court put down an injunction ? They all went off at exactly 6:00PM EST. By the way, I thought we could keep the suprerstations. All my other channels are working fine and the signal levels are fine. Does anyone know what is going on ?

Lucky said:
I have waivers for my locals and subscribe to KWGN and KTLA and all the channels right now have a black screen. Does anyone know what is going on ? Has the court put down an injunction ? They all went off at exactly 6:00PM EST. By the way, I thought we could keep the suprerstations. All my other channels are working fine and the signal levels are fine. Does anyone know what is going on ?

I don't know... but I'm kind of pissed that when you dial Dish Network for customer service you automatically get disconnected. So pissed, in fact, that I'm thinking about switching to DirectTV immediately. Yeah, I'm going to miss my L.A. distants, but they have taken my Atlanta locals (and I live in Georgia) and now they are RUNNING from us by not picking up the phone... NO WAY to treat a customer.

I called too and I get a busy signal. Something is definitely up. What happend with the superstations ? I thought we were allowed to keep those ? They are cut off, too.

Same here in N. Ark. No distant networks except PBS. Called Dish got a busy signal. There are no locals here.

I think it is something else, all my locals are out. I am in the NYC dma and the pbs has a 'We are experiencing technical difficulties.' graphic on it.

Edit: the channels on 110 are on, but all the ones on 119 are off. The HD locals on 61.5 are on.

Last edited:
So... where can I go from here? I'm more upset about the fact tha tI feel as though Dish Network is ignoring me than I am the loss of the networks. Is there anywhere (other than DirectTV) that I can obtain service? I did find a company the other night, Star Choice (I think), but they are only available in Canada (or so I assume).

HD Locals out in Minneapolis via E*

HD locals via E* went out about 30 minutes ago. Signal strength is good on the transponders so it must be a fiber problem. Just a black screen on all 4 channels. Anybody else notice this?

I am getting 100 signal strength yet all DNS and superstations are out. All other channels are working fine. It also happend at precisely 6:00 PM EST so something is definitley going on. I bet the injunction came down today.

What is the free to air, by the way? I don't want to do anything illegal... and was therefore wondering what I might receive from a FTA dish? Could I legally receive networks like USA, TNT, and FOX?

No VOOM Channels?

Anyone else experiencing a total loss of all Voom channels?

All my other HD channels work fine except for Voom...

EDIT: Hey, maybe they are fixing the fiber link and going back to full HD ?! (joke)

Another Edit: Also I just noticed all my Atlanta HD Locals are down too :(

Last edited:
It's not necessarily the injunction because Sirius channels are out. And a friend who has Atlanta stations says they're out as well (Not DNS).
This may be a massive technical problem.

just calm down people -my god, they are having problems on there end- this has nothing to do with the court order -since my locals are off (denver)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)