Distant Networks?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

your_mom777

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
bay area
I have locals in my area, but lets say I found a place (zip code) where Directv doesn't offer locals in that area, I would update my physical address to where they don't offer locals and possibly remove my existing locals and then have to apply for waivers and maybe get half if I'm lucky?I really want the West coast feed from Los Angeles. Could I be able to update my service address and tell Directv I can't receive locals and be able to get Distant locals?If so, how does the process work? I check the eligibility for the area and it says eligible for all.I could tell them that I tried ota and it still won't work in my area. Wouldn't I get the channels immediately since it says eligible?Let me know thanks

Yes, if you keep asking in different forums you are not going to get any other answers.

If you are going to "move" to a place without locals for LA dns why not just "move" to LA from the get go and skip the dns waiver stupidity?

To do what you have posted likely will not work anymore. Things have changed where as this would have worked years ago. I would suggest not taking a risk like this and just accept what you have. To go into detail on how things have changed I will not share but those who have dns obtained as you describe know the deal and most don't talk.

"Move" to LA to be safest.

I would also at least consider getting an AM21, too, so you'll have your real locals - and all of the networks, like CW, My, etc as you will only get CBS, FOX, ABC, and NBC with a "move" to LA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)