distant networks

kevink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 3, 2005
I just got connected today, signing up through SBC.

The SBC page allowed me to signup for the locals, along with choosing distants. As far as I could tell from reading here, you can't normally signup for locals and distant networks without getting waivers.

Have I just lucked out through a hole in the system?

I signed up for the distant Fox, because the NFL games in the fall tend to go long, cutting into the prime time schedule. The distant ABC is for the college football games in the west.

?????

What is SBC? Please tell the full story. I am still using a BUD for networks and paying through the nose. I am allowed only 1 distant, but even with an antenna I cannot receive any locals. Aked for DISH to submit a waiver a month ago, and they dropped the ball and did not. Called to request it again, and will check next week. I would love to get distant networks along with whatever HD feeds of networks that are available.

SBC sells Dish Network through their areas Telco department

kevink sounds like he found a loophole, unless he truly isin a white area

Maybe I didn't find a whole. I found the page on Dish that said I may be eligible for part of the distant network a la cartes, with a maximum of 2 a la carte networks, and no more than 2 of any one networks period.

And since I decided on just 2 networks anyway for cost, I guess I fit in.

Based on other posts, I was surprised when SBC offered it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts