Distributing a video signal to my neighborhood...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
I'm trying to send out a video signal (from my live production suite--I'd like to put together a little TV show) out to my neighboorhood--I need to get it around 1/2 mile. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can pull this off?

Search for low power tv transmitters, I found this one that's meant for in-home transmission, but I suppose you could find something a bit more powerful for your needs. I believe you can use a certain wattage without needing an FCC license.

DarrellP said:
Search for low power tv transmitters, I found this one that's meant for in-home transmission, but I suppose you could find something a bit more powerful for your needs. I believe you can use a certain wattage without needing an FCC license.

That's a good idea, but to get far enough I need a license... which the FCC won't give me until 2006 :mad:. Any other ideas?

hotwire132002 said:
As it turns out, I have one of those (from that seller, too) , and it doesn't even make it to my next door neighbors' house :( .

Back to the drawing board--any more ideas, post them here!

Thanks for the help so far!

How did you like it, though ? I'm thinking of getting one ... I'm not interested in the neighbors seeing it, though ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.