DIY Dish peaking?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cr08

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
NE Ohio
So hopefully someone can help me out here. What is a relatively safe and foolproof procedure for peaking my dish myself? When we first got service back in December everything was good but over the months has slowly worsened to where light to moderate rainstorms create issues and the signal levels on 2 boxes (one 722k and one 222k) reflect this.

I have a pretty good setup already to do this. Our dish is mounted on the roof over our front porch and one bedroom has a window right over this within arms reach of the dish with a TV right inside said window so if the signal meter on the receiver is suitable for peaking work, it's a piece of cake for audible verification.

Easiest way to determine if you need to adjust, is, turn on the point dish screen, and put a little bit of pressure on the dish, left and right, up and down. If your signal tone goes higher pitch, do a re-peak. Works for me anyhow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)