DJs on Decades Channels

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Since the merger the Sirius programming philosophy has pretty much won out on the music channels. In the case of the Decades channels (40s, 50s etc) that has meant DJs in between the songs and even talking over the songs. I hate this. In fact I left terrestrial radio partially to escape this. I am curious sa to whether I am alone in feeling this way.

They have always had DJ's, but not the amount of talking they have now, especially with DJ's talking over the music.

I liked the way it was done before by XM.

Like I said this is the Sirius philosophy winning out. that is good in some ways but not so much here.

The DJs on the satellite radio music channel is the sole reason I have never and will never subscribe to satellite radio. I want music, not chatter. The display will tell me what the songs are.

And when listening to music at home I listen to the Muzak channels since they have a deeper play list and no DJs

See ya
Tony

Before the merging of the channels, the XM DJ's at least made it about the music.

Now, well, you know. :mad:

Ya know atleast for 60's on 6 and 70's on 7 I like the jocks... Sure they talk over the songs, but ya know that was the way top 40 radio back in those days sounded... You ramped up a song a talked it right up to the first line of the song... Although the 80's on 8 has opened up the playlist a tad and as much as I like the VJ's doing the 80's on 8 it is time to really give that channel a major tweak and bring it back to the way it was when it first started out after the merger... Let Rick do to the 80's what he has done with 90's on 9 and I think you would have a fun channel... The channel should recrerate the feel of the 80's from the music to bits about the events that made the 80's what it was... The problem with the VJ's doing radio to me is that it kills the flow of the channel... Atleast with the other decades channels it feels like the decade they are representing... JMO... CC

Hang the DJ

I hope this reply doesn't repeat, I'm new to this forum and lost my posrt.

Anyway, I've had Sirius for years and upon the merge with XM noticed the DJ chatter was significantly increased and I hate it.

I like the decades themes but we can't even listen to the 60's channel which we used to enjoy very much. The DJ's, especially in the morning are most irritating. The talk over the music, they run stupid skits, play fake vintage commercials and even have listeners calling in! I can get that garbage OTA on AM radio. That is exactly what we chose Sirius for-to get rid of the DJ's, commercials and weird skits and callers.

Sirius was never like this until the merge. I've been blaming it on XM! But either way, I used to love everything about my Sirius satellite radio serivce and am finding very little to like lately.

and BTW, the blues station is horrid now. Where did the 'real' blues go? Now it's festival music and 'pop blues'.

Sirius was never like this until the merge. I've been blaming it on XM! But either way, I used to love everything about my Sirius satellite radio serivce and am finding very little to like lately.

You would have liked XM even better. :up I wish the two services were still seperate.