DMX741 Universal LNBF Options

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Twin Cities
Thanks for the suggestion about the DMX741 Ice, I think it's going to be perfect for my needs in terms of consolidating things a little.

I am wondering however about the wiring options I might have.
I have a DSR410 receiver for W5 services. I then have a geosat receiver which has a loop through which I would use to feed the 410.

My setup currently has two coax cables going to the dish.
If I use the geosat, it's simple enough, I just use the loop through connector to feed the 410.

However, I have an Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 card which I'd like to try since it could go into my mythtv setup plus would give me HD and AC3 (I believe) capabilities, which means I would not be using the geosat in this setup if that works out.

So the question is, since the pci card doesn't have any loop through, would I just use a splitter or perhaps end up using both cables?

Just don't know enough about using these types of LNBF so thought I'd ask what the options might be.

Thanks.

Hate to sound amateur but, I am :).

How would I wire that up and if using a splitter, would I need anything special? I still have a left over from when I was combining my hdtv antenna with the dtv onto one coax. I had a switch outside and a breakout box inside.

The C-Band side is the same so either model will work

Is the item you bought the one you linked to? If so, while it says "Universal" it is a standard model (LNB LO being 10750 is the standard)...and the specs show standard KU LNB

The C-Band side is the same so either model will work

Is the item you bought the one you linked to? If so, while it says "Universal" it is a standard model (LNB LO being 10750 is the standard)...and the specs show standard KU LNB

That's not the listing I bought but it's the exact same unit and seller. Did I make a mistake?

Man, I'm always so quick to buy on eBay, I barely ever consider anything else.

After you get burned a time or two you will slow down on buying everything from E-Bay. E-bay and Pay Pal system deliberately designed to take two months or more to work out a refund.

I am very happy with my 741:):)

After you get burned a time or two you will slow down on buying everything from E-Bay. E-bay and Pay Pal system deliberately designed to take two months or more to work out a refund.

Been buying on ebay since it was live :).
I've had very good luck with quite a number of battles over the years so can't complain.

guys the only difference between the U version and the non U is the KU side is Universal on the "U" version. The C-Band side is the same frequencies. Back when there was programming for 4DTV on KU (Oklahoma PBS, Georgia PBS, the stuff that is now on W5 that was on X4) yes a standard was required. But now you can get by with either unit

well there is some confusion as it says "Universal" in the title yet the specs show a standard KU LNB...other than that it should be fine. When you get it post the specs from the label on the LNB

guys the only difference between the U version and the non U is the KU side is Universal on the "U" version. The C-Band side is the same frequencies. Back when there was programming for 4DTV on KU (Oklahoma PBS, Georgia PBS, the stuff that is now on W5 that was on X4) yes a standard was required. But now you can get by with either unit

So your saying I waisted my money...hehe..Live & learn...
Honestly I thought I would be ok since like you say C band is the same, because I had previously bought the 741U & when I wanted programming, I turned around bought the 741...Well, at least I have both:up

Never got a chance to try out either for 4DTV because the battery in my receiver I bought had been dead. I still have yet to buy another 4DTV receiver.

Anyway Thanks Ice for the info

SATire enjoy your 741U sorry to trouble you.
By the way out of the 2 (741 & 741U) I find that I like the 741U better. It's not as touchy as the 741

>SATire enjoy your 741U sorry to trouble you.

No trouble, it's input :).

>By the way out of the 2 (741 & 741U) I find that I like the 741U better.
>It's not as touchy as the 741[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll find out this weekend or next week some time. I'm assuming I sit it in the dish exactly as the other one was, same rotation, depth.

well there is some confusion as it says "Universal" in the title yet the specs show a standard KU LNB...other than that it should be fine. When you get it post the specs from the label on the LNB

I asked the seller about that and this is what I got;

///
Your item is standard we made a mistake on title and wrote Universal
but you can use in all over the United Stated with set your receiver
frequency for 1075 MHZ and it will work the same. We are going to change
the title for standard.
If for any reason you cannot set your receiver let us know. Don?t worry about anything. we are here for keep customer happy with us and we have a good customer service.
\\\

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)