DNS (Distant Networks Service) Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
DTV has apparently revised their criteria and my ZIP (92590) is now eligible for DNS service, according to their website. I currently receive all of the Los Angeles stations including the independents and PBS.
My question is if I ask DTV to activate the DNS will it be in addition to the locals I currently receive or will I just receive the LA & NY major networks?? Is there an additional charge for DNS??

Try adding it online first. Technically, you are not supposed to be able to subscribe to both locals and DNS. I subscribed to the DNS several years ago (Prime24?) and it was about $1 per network for both east and west feeds.

I have it and was wondering what the astrisk means next to the distant networks?

HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER w/Locals
Network: CBS from NYC/LA_*
Additional Receiver
1 Year Commitment
DIRECTV DVR

That's what I have.

DNS Quagmire

I tried to do it on line as a "registered" user as per RAMCM7`s reply. NOW the screen tells me that there is a "Grade B Signal". That`s not what it indicated a few minutes ago when I went on line as an "unregistered" user.
I don`t know what`s going on with the DTV criteria.
Has anyone else experienced this or have any comments???
What I want to accomplish is to continue to get my ALL of Los Angeles locals and the NY major networks service. Any suggestions are appreciated......

I still have both....

I did the waiver thing last month so I could get CBS-HD from Directv since our OTA signal sucks for CBS. I still have locals and have distant nets.

I think the local station didn't reply to the waiver and that's how I have the distant net.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)