DNS Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BMcKen1912

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
Mississippi
When I check for DNS Eligibility and it says Eligible under where is gives the signal strength, do they still have to get a waiver from the closest station to me?

I am eligible to receive CW distant network, but they told me they have to submit a waiver first. Just wondering if that is correct.

If you are eligible, then submitting a waiver is a mere formality. D* should be able to turn on the CW DNS almost immediately. I think they have thier computer verify that you're in an eligible status and add the channel to your services within 30 mins.

The wavier process for submitting to receive DNS from them. You have to go through the process of submitting waviers. The waviers are sent to the local afflilate in your area and they can either grant access or deny access to receive those DNS. . That is normally with trying to get the LA/NY DNS feeds. Since you are trying to get the CW, the process could be faster and easier. Are you just trying to receive the national CW channel, becuase it is not offered in your area? The normal wait time after the waviers have been submitted is about 45 days. But that may not be the case, just depends on how everything is setup in your area. Whether not CW is avaliable in your area.

No..it's not available here at all whether through Directv locals or over the air. There is no CW station within about 90 miles of where I'm at.

When I check for DNS Eligibility and it says Eligible under where is gives the signal strength, do they still have to get a waiver from the closest station to me?

I am eligible to receive CW distant network, but they told me they have to submit a waiver first. Just wondering if that is correct.

It really depends if you live in a Local into Local market and if that market has a CW on the satellite.

Local market with CW: Waiver required in all cases
Local market with full power CW but not carried: Waiver required in all cases
Local market without CW: Waiver required from adjacent market CW if there is coverage overlap in your location.
Non LiL market but can receive OTA: Waiver required
Non LiL market but can't receive OTA: No waiver required

Over the air reception is determined by a calculation done by Decisionmark. The software is similar to Antennaweb.org.

In most cases where the DirecTV web site says eligible, no waiver is required.

This is for analog waivers. Digital may be different.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)