Do any of you ever catch any feeds east of 87 or west of 125?

I tried to receive the Direct-to-home service on 15W but nothing. I blind scanned every 1 degree. I know I'm off the arc. But with no satellite east of 87W and only 87W to 105W peaking through the trees, it's hard to get the whole arc accurate. It's time to schedule another session outside in the sun among the mosquitoes.

The full-time transponders on 15W have a 45k symbol rate, they may or may not flake out on certain receivers.

The lowest I ever got was 8W, for a while there was one transponder with educational channels from Brazil or someplace down that way. Not there anymore.

My crappy old motor would actually go all the way down there with USALS if the receiver supported it. With the receiver and motor I have now, I'm not sure I can even get down to 22W -- not that I usually bothered anyway because the feeds were on the verge of unreadability.

I tried a bit and ran her down to about 0 degrees and did blind scans ever 2 degrees and got nothing so i just got her set at 30 for my far east sat, at least for now.

To me scanning 30 to 129 is enough arc for now. 27.5% of the sky is mine!

Reactions: Brct203
I tried to receive the Direct-to-home service on 15W but nothing. I blind scanned every 1 degree. I know I'm off the arc. But with no satellite east of 87W and only 87W to 105W peaking through the trees, it's hard to get the whole arc accurate. It's time to schedule another session outside in the sun among the mosquitoes.
well, I just looked at the coverage map of Telstar12V @ 15W where those DTH services are, and unfortunately they didn't anticipate that anyone in NS would be interested...
Satbeams - World Of Satellites at your fingertips
However they did anticipate some viewership in a small part of Antarctica...

Now if you could try 3W, you might find that you can receive Italian TV on the... European beam. I read about it on one of the forums, and the transponder is documented on Lyngsat, For some strange reason the European beam on ABS 3A covers Greenland, the Atlantic provinces and most of New England. But from here in Southwestern New England it would be very challenging as the signal strength is very low and it's also very low near the horizon. But from NS it might be doable...

For now, I've given up on the east until I have my 1-metre fixed dish installed so I can focus on that area without fussing with a motor. It used to be a piece of cake years ago to use that dish to receive some tps including MSNBC. I plugged in my old Openbox S9 yesterday. On 15W, there were more than 100 channels still saved though most of them were scrambled then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)