Do any of you subscribe to the NFL Ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fair enough; still not constant. Is the "value" of the exact same product (minus the HD offering) increasing that much each year, or do they just not know what to price the darn package at?

BTW, I would at least be interested in this package, but my choice of provider has precluded that option... I am not just trying to muck things up.

Last edited:
If there is one thing the NFL knows about it is how to make money.

Then why are they limiting themselves on what they COULD make off of the Ticket by continuing to allow DTV to have exclusive rights?

Then why are they limiting themselves on what they COULD make off of the Ticket by continuing to allow DTV to have exclusive rights?
The NFL does not want Sunday Ticket widespread. They make far more from Broadcast rights and Ticket sales. This could be the reason that DIRECTV has to pay such high rates to get the package(NFL has to be "dollared" into allowing the package to exist).

The NFL does not want Sunday Ticket widespread.

That doesn't make any sense. Making the Ticket more widespread (more available) would make them more money. Since when does the NFL not care about that?

What's Superfan? Never heard of it.
Its a BULL SH@# fee that D* charges it customers to have their football games in HD. Even though D* customers already pays for HD service.
This must help pay for the $700 million NFL bill I guess.
OH but you get some other BS mix channels in HD too :rolleyes:

That doesn't make any sense. Making the Ticket more widespread (more available) would make them more money. Since when does the NFL not care about that?
At some point this "more money" begins to erode the exiting sources of money(Broadcasting and Ticket sales at the gate)

They do ,and as long as D* keeps Paying NFL HUGE amounts of Money. The non sport subscriber will be the ones who suffer. Think of the 15 million D* customers that don't subscribe to NFL ST. Maybe they would like some new HD channels ,Or even any New channels. Or even a Decrease in their Bill.

Last edited:

If it were widespread the Networks who pay for the NFLs existence would not want to pay as much as they are paying now. As long as it's just a niche audience they put up with it. You think that the league is turning down extra money because they're stupid? I do agree that HD should be included in the price even though most of us call in and get it for free every year. It should be free for everyone. Then maybe $50 for the Red Zone and Mix. Which I would happily pay. No, I'd just call in and get it for free.

I do agree that HD should be included in the price even though most of us call in and get it for free every year..
Don't say Most . I know a lot of people who got turned down when thay asked. Including myself . You say Most because you hear it here all the time. But this is a very small scale of D* customers, and most of us Satellite Guys members Know how and who to ask for free stuff. We've been Tought and giving ton's of Extra info . Most D* customers Haven't.

I do not like the fact that I have to pay extra for HD channels on Sunday Ticket. I have had it for 5 years now. I do think the red zone channel is pretty good though. I plan on getting year after year unless the price gets really absurd. DTV just paid a ton of money to keep it and how do you think they are going to make some of that back? By charging us more.

The NFL does not want ST to move to other providers. If everyone could get it and they were all watching the national broadcasts of games, you would not get the local ads. If this gets big enough, local stations will not be happy about it. Also, cable wants to split the package up. They want you to pay per game. The NFL told them they cant do that so they didn't bid on it. Imagine watching a game that you paid for that turns into a blowout. You would have to buy another game to watch. Or even worse, some really good game is on but you didnt buy that one.

At some point this "more money" begins to erode the exiting sources of money(Broadcasting and Ticket sales at the gate)

100% Correct in your assessment.

The Cablers will never have access to NFL ST.

Yes they can go trough the process of bidding when the next contract comes up, but as long as the NFL is paired with OTA Network partners it(NFL ST) will be the exclusive property of the DBS crowd.

"Its a BULL SH@# fee that D* charges it customers to have their football games in HD. Even though D* customers already pays for HD service."

It's even more BS when you consider you can watch games provided by your local channels in HD for free.

Over priced; maybe but I don't think so? So go add up ALL the costs for a family of 4 to attend the ONLY ONE GAME EACH week at your local NFL team (ONLY 8 games total in a season); assuming you have one within an hour drive AND it happens to be YOUR TEAM your care to follow! DUH; this is a bargain for what its offering users. IMHO, if you can't afford or don't want it; don't buy it. I would challenge most of you guys that you wasted far more money each season of even dumber and more wasteful stuff; why not cut that out? Hmmmm....

And to those wanting it all open to other outlets; those guys had their shots and failed to make a qualifying move, but I would bet if they ever do get in on it; they WILL find a way to screw it up.

I think the point is the Ticket COULD be provided at a much more reasonable rate AND the NFL and DTV would still make plenty of money. The current rates are nothing but pure greed, but as long as poeple are willing to pay $400 a year (which they obviously are), the price will never come down.

I think the point is the Ticket COULD be provided at a much more reasonable rate AND the NFL and DTV would still make plenty of money. The current rates are nothing but pure greed, but as long as poeple are willing to pay $400 a year (which they obviously are), the price will never come down.

Its called a free market economy - "what the market will bear" as long as the demand stays steady or grows the price will as well; so its not necessarily greed BUT simple, basic economics. For those that can't or do not want to afford it; then by all means jump ship and vote with your wallets; but to continually belittle others that do want it and pay for it; is plain silly - many of us do not have access to any local teams nor do we have any OTA access for our favorite team. So just price out some season tickets, travel and all the included item needs and you will see this package is a bargain! It is dumb that we go over this each and every week and every season. Do the math of what you pay versus what you are getting. I have and I come out far cheaper. If you do your math and aren't seeing a value; then just drop the package and walk away.

Last edited:
Its called a free market economy - "what the market will bear" as long as the demand stays steady or grows the price will as well; so its not necessarily greed BUT simple, basic economics. For those that can't or do not want to afford it; then by all means jump ship and vote with your wallets; but to continually belittle others that do want it and pay for it; is plain silly - many of us do not have access to any local teams nor do we have any OTA access for our favorite team. So just price out some season tickets, travel and all the included item needs and you will see this package is a bargain! It is dumb that we go over this each and every week and every season. Do the math of what you pay versus what you are getting. I have and I come out far cheaper. If you do your math and aren't seeing a value; then just drop the package and walk away.

I don't recall belittling anyone except those in control of the Ticket price, and I did drop the package. I will consider getting the Ticket again if/when the price comes down to a reasonable level. As long as I continue to get roughly half of my team's games on the local channels (and in HD no less), it makes no sense for me to continue to pay the Ticket's exorbitant price.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)