Do dishes need to be a certain distance apart?

hmjs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
United States
I'm trying to set up a separate dish with a single DP lnb on 119 to feed into my .4 dish in order to receive my All American Distant Locals on my 722 receivers. I could not get any signal from the 119 and wondered if being to close to the other dish had anything do with it.
This single lnb and dish was previously used for 61.5 and left by the installer when Dish changed my service to the .4 dish for the HD receivers. I set this dish up right next to my existing 119/110 (w/DP PLUS LNB) dish that services my 322 receivers and that had the old 61.5 remote dish hooked into it.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Howard

Do I understand you to have a D500 on 110/119 for your 322 receivers, and a 1000.4 for your 722s, and a 3rd D500 or D300 with a single or dual DP LNB pointed at 119? This should work. I set up my original 61.5/110/115 with two D500's crossfiring past each other and they worked fine for many years. Your DP dual should be wired into the input port on your 1000.4, and all you "should" need to do is run a check switch on your 722s.

Yes, you got my set up right but for some reason I can't get signal on the single 300 aiming at 119. I thought maybe I had the dishes too close together and it caused a problem somehow. Any thoughts?

Howard

Having the dishes close together won't be a problem unless you literally have one dish within the other dishes line of sight. What are you using to aim the dish you are trying to get 119 with? If you are using a receiver, connect that receiver directly to the dish you are aiming at 119 and then connect that dish to your 1000.4 after you've locked onto the 119 satellite. Chances are if you are trying to connect it through your 1k.4 first, you probably won't get it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)