Do flat panel prices fall after the Super Bowl?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Another nice thing about Costco is on most if not all LCDs they have a 90 day return policy and double the manufacturers warranty period.

I picked up a Vizio 47" 1080p for $999 on 12/12. Within a week they had dropped the price to $899. I went in with my receipt and they gave me $100 + tax back. I promptly spent that on a Harmony remote.

The HD from the 722 looks great, Blu-Ray is amazing and even the 720p from the Roku looks great.

I realize this not strictly speaking a Dish Network related question, but I figured this group would be a reasonable cross sample of opinions.

We're looking to buy a HDTV to go with our 722 that installed later this week, but we're in no particular rush at this point. We're happy to wait until after the Super Bowl if the prices would be better then, although we're likely to buy something this first quarter no matter what.

So, that's the question. Will their prices fall after the Super Bowl or, in the competitive pricing run-up to the Super Bowl, will the prices be best just before. I can't remember what happened last year.

thanks.

Before you buy you should check out this site Hdguru.com tells you everything you need to know about HDTV displays, high definition content, high def disc players, high definition reception and reviews on high definition products, blu-ray and.
He really knows his stuff be sure to look at his throwaway TV story.

Last edited:
The DTV transition will only increase demand for new TVs. So, I would not expect good deals right after that date, whatever it turns out to be.

I got a 42" LG I bought as an open box buy from Best buy a couple of weeks after the superbowl in 2006. There was not a scratch and all paperwork and remotes and the box was in perfect condition, previous buyer said it was tooo small and ended up buying a 47". Direct had a special where if you bought there HD box for 100$ you would get $400 off on the package deal of TV and HD box. tv was 1499$ and since it was an open box i would get 10% off and the TV was next to a table that had 20% off anything on the table. I asked the salesman he said sure I can have that extra off since it was near the table. I paid near $700 bucks for a very very good TV. Soo ask around for deals and after the superbowl open box buys are very good to look at. It is now my Masterbedroom Tv and quality is the best so far in my house.

I think good deals can be found year-round, if you do enough comparison shopping, but my experience has been that the best prices are between Thanksgiving and Christmas. In December 2007, I bought a 32" LG at Boscov's dept. store for $599. I didn't see anyone even match that price for at least 8 months after that. This past December I bought a 37" Vizio (720p) from Tiger Direct for $499 (plus about $35 shipping.) The Vizio was listed as "refurbished." I've become leery of some refurb electronics after getting burned once or twice, but I know this model was sold at Costco and Sam's Club, and I know they get a lot of returns because of their generous return policies, so I can see where that would pump more seconds into the refurb market. So far I have been pleased with the Vizio. The picture is excellent and generated a number of unsolicited compliments from guests over the holidays. Comparing the Vizio with the LG, the LG scores points for having a better remote control and more options for adjusting the picture ratio, and the picture settings based on input. The Vizio has almost no control over picture ratio. That's not a problem when viewing content from my Dish VIP622, because the 622 has plenty of ratio control. But I have problems with some homemade DVDs that are stretched, with black bars, and I can't change the display to compensate. The LG also has a slightly wider viewing angle, although the Vizio is not bad in that respect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts