Do I have a bad LNB???

Byron56

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2004
At home I have two DISH DVR's721 and a 508 that work fine. I just purchased a Dish 500 DishPro Twin antenna and brought it and the 508 from home to our trailer at a campground this weekend - zip code 03595. I set the skew to 124, the elevation to 23, mounted the mast to be level and mounted the dish, aimed it at @ 250 degrees using a compass and was able to geta strong signal on 119 (75 - 100) as I tweaked the direction. Ran a Check Switch and had it working on 119, but I could not get it to find 110 - it would always say wrong sat - echostar 119 when I was trying to find 110. Gave up - watched 30 minutes of a show on 119 and went to bed. This moring I could not get a signal anywhere - appears dead. Even put a new cable directly from the LNB to the reciever - re-did everything but cannot get any signal at all. tried disconnecting everything and leaving the reciever unplugged for several hours. When I run a check switch I get

LNBs:DP-Twin-1

Input 1 2
Satellite conn conn
Polarity X X
Device Twin Twin

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

try re aiming the dish again. if it reeds conn and and gives you type of LNB then your dish is out of alignment

Thanks - I brought everything back home and tried it again and could get the 110 satellite, so I know the gear is working.

Question - is there a FAQ or Guide on aiming a dish? I know the baiscs about the mast being plumb and moving things very slowly, but is there something that gives an idea of which direction to move the dish based on finding one satellite? Also - I bring the reciever and a small tv with me next to the dish and use it as a meter - is that sufficent or would a signal finder help more?

bobandgeri said:
Thanks - I brought everything back home and tried it again and could get the 110 satellite, so I know the gear is working.

Question - is there a FAQ or Guide on aiming a dish? I know the baiscs about the mast being plumb and moving things very slowly, but is there something that gives an idea of which direction to move the dish based on finding one satellite? Also - I bring the reciever and a small tv with me next to the dish and use it as a meter - is that sufficent or would a signal finder help more?
You may just have been hitting the wrong satellite with your 110 lnb. I.e 119.

Hello,

1st...call dish network and request a "point dish form" this is a list of all dish settings for all zip codes, this way you never miss.

2nd...call 1.888.462.8902 (still dish network) to register your camper with dish network, they will need to send you some info called "proof of ownership form" to verify you have a camper. this needs to be done to stay in compliance w/ the residential service agreement.. it's really simple just fill in the blank.

3rd... if you switch matrix is reading:

Input: 1 2
Satellite conn conn
Polarity X X
Device Twin Twin

your reciever is reading a twin (lnbf) on both inputs (device)
but not getting a signal (polarity) x x

like volkodav said just try reaiming your dish, the only problem was you were not getting a signal, the equipment was working ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts