Do I have a defective LNB?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chapin4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Hi guys,

I just bought a 1000.4W and I'm only getting sat 110 with a first strike meter & dish hopper I took a closer look on the LNB and noticed 2 of the LNB's have white spots.
Do you guys think this why I'm only getting 110W??

1000.4W.jpg

The white spots look like from it being dropped, I doubt the spots would cause it but being dropped hard enough to cause marks like that on the plastic may. Any chance of a return from wherever you bought it from?

How is the line of sight? If you're only getting the 110, and since that's the highest orbital you're pointing at, I'd guess the 119&129 have los issues

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I live up north in Detroit, I think the internal switch is defective since with a first strike meter I can lock on all 3 sat's but when I connect to my hopper I'm only getting 110 already tried a different duo node and no luck

I have an 1000.2W lnb from my old dish, do you guys think I can use that one on the 1000.4W??

No that won't work. Duo node needs three lines to it from the lnb.. And when you run check switch on the hopper, what are the results? Only the 110? And when it's running the check switch test, how many tests are running? Does it go to 1 of 4? If you were a little closer, (or made it worth the drive to you),I'd come help you out.. I'm only a little over an hour south of you..

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

almost all lnbs have those white spots, it does not indicate a defect of any kind. probably an aiming issue, or a meter issue. I am not familiar with that meter but most meters only show you one sat at a time. have you hooked it up and run a checkswitch? the position of 110 in the checkswitch will tell you how the dish may be misaligned.

Something wierd is going on so I locked to 119 with my first strike meter with these settings

Frequency: 12370
SR: 20000
Lo 11250
LNB 13
22KHz off

I put all the cables back to the duo node and I'm still just getting 110w, keep in mind I have 3 cables from the dish to Duo Node , It might be my neighbors tree that's blocking all 3 sats

110w hopper.jpg
tree.jpg

Move your dish about 9 degrees east (left from behind dish) and elevation about 2 degrees higher.

wow!
I have never seen that.
110 on every port. something is very wrong, you sure all the ports on the node, etc are correctly hooked up?

Yes I even tried an old solo node still just 110w.
I think the lnb might be damaged since it's wierd I'm getting 119w locked on the first strike meter but nothing on hopper

wow!
I have never seen that.
110 on every port. something is very wrong, you sure all the ports on the node, etc are correctly hooked up?

yeah, like I said I don't know that meter, does it have a verify button? I normally use a superbuddy which often misreads the first sat, until verified. as a tech, I guess if I were using a meter I trusted, and I was sure the dish was aimed right, I would try a new lnb next.

It says satellite locked on sat 119w the internal switch on the lnb might be damaged

yeah, like I said I don't know that meter, does it have a verify button? I normally use a superbuddy which often misreads the first sat, until verified. as a tech, I guess if I were using a meter I trusted, and I was sure the dish was aimed right, I would try a new lnb next.

if it reads 110, and you verify and it then says 119, the dish is not aimed correctly. normally my meter will say 119, then when verified is on 110. but, the same solution holds true...it's not aimed right. the first port is for 119. the 2nd 110. the 3rd 129. (someone correct me if I am incorrect for the 1k4). at any rate this means if you are aiming off port one, you need to verify that the sat you hit is 119. you can then move the cable to port 2, the signal reading should be higher. then move it to port 3 to ensure you have signal.
but yeah, the internal switch may be damaged. problem is, you need another 1k4, or an entirely new dish to test a 1k2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts