Do I have a legitimate complaint?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That statement makes no sense. Guess the extra $100 on that one bill came from nowhere and has nothing to do with the HD package. If you are so worried about having enough money for tax season, put the money you didn't send to dish and put it into an account to have it come April rather than spending it one something else.

Which statement makes no sense? :confused: If you are referring to my $100 upgrade rebate, that even hasn't been taken off my bill yet. Yes, I have emailed ceo@echostar.com to see if they can correct the problem. Hopefully the $100 credit will be on my February bill. There will be about $20 left over that will be on my March bill.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

I know I should be happy that I received the full $120 credit. What really bothers me is that the offer is a little misleading. When I signed up, I expected $20.00 to be credited to my account for the next 6 months. I guess I was stupid to even think that. Dish Network didn't say that "we may credit your account $60.00 one month or $40.00 one month, etc". If this is the case, what if Dish decided to credit a subscriber's account the full $120 on one bill? Would anyone here be happy that you only got one actual month of free programming? I know I wouldn't. You may be getting 6 months credit, but you're actually getting free HD for one lousy month.

I know some of you said that it probably won't make that big a difference on my future bills & that I might even come out ahead. However, I could actually use that extra $20 that would've been credited probably in March. Tax season is here & I do have to pay the IRS this year.

Thanks again!

I
I'm probably not going to keep HD anyway. Personally, I can't tell the difference between it & SD.

I think that what people a re trying to say is that $120 today is the same as $20 a month for six months or $40 for three months.

BTW if they give you $120 today why is it aht you won't have any of it March?

I'd say at 27" and normal viewing distances, you'd begin to see the difference. At 40" and up, it should be clear. At 50" or so, the differences between a 720 set and a 1080 set begin to be noticeable.

What size screen would work better? Not that I can afford another tv. ;) Also, would it matter if it's plasma or LCD?
Not that HD doesn't look good at 32", but at 40" you can really start to see a big difference.

I don't know that the type of display is much of a factor for the average guy. I have a big RP, a couple of mid-size LCD, and a small LCD. They're all good, but the bigger the better. :)

Check something else re: not seeing any difference. How is the TV connected to the 722? If the installer used S-video or composite connections, that would explain the lack of visual difference. You need to connect by at least the component connections, and preferrably the HDMI connection if your TV has a digital input Just my 1.5-cents worth (2-cents with a 0.5-cent, 1-month credit...!) Even at 20" you should be able to see the difference, but you may have to be really close. You wouldn't think that an installer doing an HD installation would use the SD connections, but it has happened to members of this forum more than once...!

PS - I am an LCD fan with 2 Sonys in my collection, but there are advantages to plasma as well. Check other threads for the comparison.

I think that what people a re trying to say is that $120 today is the same as $20 a month for six months or $40 for three months.

BTW if they give you $120 today why is it aht you won't have any of it March?

What I was trying to say is that if I got $20/month credited from my bill for 6 months, then the final credit would have been on my March or April bill if I figured it correctly. I upgraded in October so that's when I figured the final $20 credit would show up. My final credit was on January 31.

But this way in january you would have received all of the money that you would otherwise have to wait to get till march or April. Do you understand why people think that is better? You are basically asking them to wait longer to give you the money they owe you. What woudl you think if your employer offered you that deal?

Check something else re: not seeing any difference. How is the TV connected to the 722? If the installer used S-video or composite connections, that would explain the lack of visual difference. You need to connect by at least the component connections, and preferrably the HDMI connection if your TV has a digital input Just my 1.5-cents worth (2-cents with a 0.5-cent, 1-month credit...!) Even at 20" you should be able to see the difference, but you may have to be really close. You wouldn't think that an installer doing an HD installation would use the SD connections, but it has happened to members of this forum more than once...!

PS - I am an LCD fan with 2 Sonys in my collection, but there are advantages to plasma as well. Check other threads for the comparison.

You're getting a little too technical for me. ;) I know the hookup isn't an S-video. I also not sure as to what composite cables are. All the installer told me was that I needed HD cables in order to see the HD programming. The cables that are plugged in are red, green & blue. BTW, I just checked my TV & I didn't find an HDMI connection.

Let me get this straight....

they promised $120 in credit over 6 months, but they actually credited you that money in 4 months? i.e. less time than you expected

You should be thanking them.

First, I do like the way you approached your concern, by asking if you have a real basis for a complaint, rather than writing a scathing post.

I just don't see that you are out anything, and as others suggest you actually got your money early. You can still "apply" your credit for the final months to yourself, from the money they gave you, if you want to look at it that way.

But this way in january you would have received all of the money that you would otherwise have to wait to get till march or April. Do you understand why people think that is better? You are basically asking them to wait longer to give you the money they owe you. What woudl you think if your employer offered you that deal?

I can completely understand where everyone is coming from. I respect those people that think I'm getting a better deal & would be grateful to have $60 or whatever taken off their bill at one time. Personally, I wouldn't have minded if Dish took the full six months for the credits to take effect.

Also, I'm not employed at the moment, so I can't answer that question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)