Do I have a legitimate complaint?

I can completely understand where everyone is coming from. I respect those people that think I'm getting a better deal & would be grateful to have $60 or whatever taken off their bill at one time. Personally, I wouldn't have minded if Dish took the full six months for the credits to take effect.

Also, I'm not employed at the moment, so I can't answer that question.

OK so what if they did it with your unemployment check? Or any check? Seriously though you had me going for awhile but with that response I have to conclude that this thread is a joke.

OK so what if they did it with your unemployment check? Or any check? Seriously though you had me going for awhile but with that response I have to conclude that this thread is a joke.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but this thread is not a joke. I'm not a liar. It really did happen. How can you compare receiving any type of compensation (whether it be a paycheck, unemployment check, etc) to this situation? This is an entirely different situation as I see it. If there is a correlation, please explain it to me.

Just for the record, I get a royalty check every month (which the amount varies). That is the *only* income I receive. BTW, I'm not getting rich with these checks either. Please tell me how this relates to my situation.

I would like to know exactly why Dish decided to credit my account $60 one month. If I could find this information out, I would probably be happy. However I don't think calling the billing department wouldn't do any good.

1) November 7, 2007 bill:
(a) October 11 - DishHD Free 1 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(b) October 11 - DishHD Free 2 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(c) October 30 - DishHD Free 3 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(2) December 7, 2007 bill:
(a) November 29 - DishHD Free 4 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(3) January 7, 2008 bill:
(a) December 30 - DishHD Free 5 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(4) February 7, 2008 bill:
(a) January 31, 2008 - DishHD Free 6 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00

I would like to know exactly why Dish decided to credit my account $60 one month. If I could find this information out, I would probably be happy. However I don't think calling the billing department wouldn't do any good.

Ok, see if this makes any sense and soothes your mind.

Dish bills one month in advance right, and let's say they billed your first and last months credits at once, so therefore, the breakdown looks like this:

1. October 11 - DishHD Free 1 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the first month (October).
  2. October 11 - DishHD Free 2 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the last month (March).
  3. October 30 - DishHD Free 3 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (November).
  4. November 29 - DishHD Free 4 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (December).
  5. December 30 - DishHD Free 5 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (January).
  6. January 31, 2008 - DishHD Free 6 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (February).
There are your six credits broken down by month. You got six months free of HD.

I've been lurking for the past several months & have learned some valuable information here. Since I have a problem with Dish Network at the moment, I thought I would sign up & hopefully get some great advice to see if I'm being nitpicky or if I have a valid argument. Here goes:

Back in October I upgraded to a 722 which meant that I qualified for the 6 months free HD programming. This meant that my free HD programming would last until April, right? Wrong. While I did receive the full $120 credit, my last credit adjustment was on January 31. Here is the breakdown of the adjustments on my bill:

1) November 7, 2007 bill:
(a) October 11 - DishHD Free 1 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(b) October 11 - DishHD Free 2 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(c) October 30 - DishHD Free 3 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(2) December 7, 2007 bill:
(a) November 29 - DishHD Free 4 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(3) January 7, 2008 bill:
(a) December 30 - DishHD Free 5 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00
(4) February 7, 2008 bill:
(a) January 31, 2008 - DishHD Free 6 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00

Now math wasn't my best subject in school, but that only looks like 4 months, doesn't it? What idiot in the billing department decided to take $60.00 out of one bill? I am being cheated out of 2 months. I know I got the full $120 credit, but that's not the point. I signed up for 6 free months, not 4.

I did call the billing department & they said there was nothing they could do. They couldn't issue me additional free credits. Why should I be penalized for their mistake? I also emailed ceo@echostar.com twice (the first time they ignored me) & got the same response - "I also checked the account and you received the full six months of the HD package. The last credit was issued on January 30th."

Thanks for letting me vent. ;) Any advice is greatly appreciated.
the amount is correct..you got $120 credited back to you...you did not get cheated. You're no tbeing penalized..Your bill one month was reduced by $60!!!!! That's quite a chunk.
BTW if you really want to get technical the deal is you get $120 off in $20 dollar credits. There is no mention of 6 months of free HD on it's own . Dish has credited you with the $120....That's the deal. Now if you really want the 6 months of $20 credits, call the customer retention dept, tell them you want the 6 months of $20 credits consecutively and you'll be willing to send them a check for $120 so you can start all over again...Yes, that's absurd. That is how I am making my point....You got the $120 in credits..

Just for the record, I get a royalty check every month (which the amount varies). That is the *only* income I receive. BTW, I'm not getting rich with these checks either. Please tell me how this relates to my situation.

Ok - lets say your royalty checks are $200 per month ... Your get $200 per month for the next 12 months = $2400 total for the year.

Would you have a problem if they sent you $600 in Jan, $200 in Feb $800 in March and then $800 in April ... then nothing at all until next January ?

Its the same idea .. you got all of the money you were owed .. they just gave it to you early in the year rather than later in the year .. would you have as much of a problem with this situation ?

Most people would be glad to get the money in advance .. that's all that dish have done to you - they have given you the $120 they owe you in advance rather than spreading it out over the 6 months .. what everyone here is trying to say is .. what difference does it make .. its much better sitting in YOUR bank account than Dish's .. right ?

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

I know I should be happy that I received the full $120 credit. What really bothers me is that the offer is a little misleading. When I signed up, I expected $20.00 to be credited to my account for the next 6 months. I guess I was stupid to even think that. Dish Network didn't say that "we may credit your account $60.00 one month or $40.00 one month, etc". If this is the case, what if Dish decided to credit a subscriber's account the full $120 on one bill? Would anyone here be happy that you only got one actual month of free programming? I know I wouldn't. You may be getting 6 months credit, but you're actually getting free HD for one lousy month.

I know some of you said that it probably won't make that big a difference on my future bills & that I might even come out ahead. However, I could actually use that extra $20 that would've been credited probably in March. Tax season is here & I do have to pay the IRS this year.

Thanks again!

I'm probably not going to keep HD anyway. Personally, I can't tell the difference between it & SD.

dude..if you are worried about $20, maybe pay tv isn't for you.

Warning! - If you try to make sense out of the way Dish handles you billing, your head will explode. I downgraded to AT250 from AEP and there are two pages of partial month credits and charges on my latest bill. I've seen this every time I've changed something. They manage to get the bottom line correct, but take an extremely convoluted route to get there. Maybe the billing is done offshore now too?

Best regards, Eric

I'm sorry you feel that way, but this thread is not a joke. I'm not a liar. It really did happen. How can you compare receiving any type of compensation (whether it be a paycheck, unemployment check, etc) to this situation? This is an entirely different situation as I see it. If there is a correlation, please explain it to me.

I am not calling you a liar. i a m saying that your comments make it seem like you are trying to have fun with us. M comment about an employer and a paycheck was easily applicable to any situation not just a paycheck. Stating that you could not nswer because you were not employed was just little too cute for me.

Sotrry maybe I just had a bad day but I do not think that this is genuine. I volunteer for a suicide hotline and occaasionally we get people who think it is entertaining to call with a fake problem and listen to reactions. I did not think you were playing that game at first but that particualr comment made me suspect that you are.

I may be WAY out of line on this but I really think that is the case. If Ia m wrong I apologize but if I am right i would ask you not to do this.

Ok, see if this makes any sense and soothes your mind.

Dish bills one month in advance right, and let's say they billed your first and last months credits at once, so therefore, the breakdown looks like this:

1. October 11 - DishHD Free 1 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the first month (October).
  2. October 11 - DishHD Free 2 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the last month (March).
  3. October 30 - DishHD Free 3 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (November).
  4. November 29 - DishHD Free 4 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (December).
  5. December 30 - DishHD Free 5 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (January).
  6. January 31, 2008 - DishHD Free 6 of 6 - Adjustment -20.00. This is for the next month (February).
There are your six credits broken down by month. You got six months free of HD.

Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it. This is the way that I was figuring the six months:

(1) October 21 to November 20 - 1st month
(2) November 21 to December 20 - 2nd month
(3) December 21 to January 20 - 3rd month
(4) January 21 to February 20 - 4th month
(5) February 21 to March 20 - 5th month
(6) March 21 to April 20 - 6th month

$20 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $20 = $120
$40 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $0 = $120
$60 + $20 + $20 + $20 + $0 + $0 = $120
$80 + $20 + $20 + $0 + $0 + $0 = $120
$100 + $20 + $0 + $0 + $0 + $0 = $120
$120 + $0 + $0 + $0 + $0 + $0 = $120

Any way you slice it, it's $120. :eureka

Some folks have way too much time, or their lives are wayyyyy tooo good. Actually, you got a better deal because Dish did not get to hold your money as long and did not make their $0.000001 in interest, plus you got the funds earlier so therefore they were actually worth more than if you received them a few months later due to inflation. To the point, your complaint is not legit and if you get hung up on stupid stuff like this, you are going to be in for a rough ride. Also, please do not whine to the ceo address, they do not need your meritless complaints. All that does is help dilute others legit issues in the eyes of Dish and increase repsonse times.

Which statement makes no sense? :confused: If you are referring to my $100 upgrade rebate, that even hasn't been taken off my bill yet. Yes, I have emailed ceo@echostar.com to see if they can correct the problem. Hopefully the $100 credit will be on my February bill. There will be about $20 left over that will be on my March bill.

The impression is that you are worried about not having the $20 off in April when you already have it and try to make it seem like you are not getting the free HD for that month when you have already been paid back for it (guess the $60 in October was for something else). 'Where is the free HD?' You got it 3 months ago.

I have been requested to take a look at this one, and in my review, it appears that Dish is correct here since with Dish Network you are always paying in advance for your service.

Its just like when you become a new customer they charge you two months up front.

Its a screwey way of doing things but its the way Dish has always done it.

Yes it is confusing as hell.

If Dish raises their HD prices and the $120 you've already been credited does not cover "6 months of free HD", then you might have reason to complain to them. But not until after they've raised prices and you can illustrate that $120 did not cover what you were promised.

Just sit on the $120 you've gotten so far, and reevaluate the issue at the six month point once any ramifications of a price increase have had time to assert themselves.

Thanks to everyone who has responded.

I know I should be happy that I received the full $120 credit. What really bothers me is that the offer is a little misleading. When I signed up, I expected $20.00 to be credited to my account for the next 6 months. I guess I was stupid to even think that. Dish Network didn't say that "we may credit your account $60.00 one month or $40.00 one month, etc". If this is the case, what if Dish decided to credit a subscriber's account the full $120 on one bill? Would anyone here be happy that you only got one actual month of free programming? I know I wouldn't. You may be getting 6 months credit, but you're actually getting free HD for one lousy month.

I know some of you said that it probably won't make that big a difference on my future bills & that I might even come out ahead. However, I could actually use that extra $20 that would've been credited probably in March. Tax season is here & I do have to pay the IRS this year.

Thanks again!

I'm probably not going to keep HD anyway. Personally, I can't tell the difference between it & SD.
While all the other posts are correct, you still have a valid point. There are customers who are not as affluent as the good people on this board who were planning their monthly budgets thinking the additional $20 per month for the ultimate HD wouldn't impact them until 6 months down the road, when they had planned for that extra monthly expense. You are correct, Dish should be CLEAR as to what subs can expect. Believe me, even my wealthy Aunt was counting on having the $20 per month to play with and not have it impact her spending for 6 months. No, she is not close to the poor house by any means, but she did resent how it was presented to her, and how she has to part with $20 per month a good deal sooner. Again, Dish should be CLEAR and UPFRONT on how they plan to credit the accounts .

she has to part with $20 per month a good deal sooner.

.. but your aunt was already given the money to cover the bill earlier in the year - if she chose to go and spend it in something else rather than save it for the satellite bill .. that's her own bad planning/organization. Dish cannot be held responsible for people who are unable to plan their spending properly.

the thread is going in circles. I would suggest that if th OP really feels that he has complaint he should write to ceo@echostar.com and explain the situation. Perhaps they will then allow him to reapay the fefund that has already been received so that it can be paid out monthly as he desires.

the thread is going in circles. I would suggest that if th OP really feels that he has complaint he should write to ceo@echostar.com and explain the situation. Perhaps they will then allow him to reapay the fefund that has already been received so that it can be paid out monthly as he desires.
NOW who's kidding whom? :)

And I think he wrote to the ceo email address already. Wonder what the answer was?

Look at how many threads there are on this forum about people having mail in rebate issues. you were lucky enough to get a promotion for your programming that did not require a rebate, and on top of it they gave you some of the credit earlier. If your child had a weekly allownace, and one month you gave him all four weeks of payments upfront, and he blew it all the first week and then cried that he had no more money for the rest of the month, how would you respond?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)