Do I Need 3 Dishes for Voom Channels in Los Angeles

xBuRn3

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Los Angeles, Ca
Hello Everyone,
I've had Dish a few years now, Today I call E to add Voom to the HD channels I already have and I was told I need a 3rd Dish (1000) to view the Voom Channels. I have 2 Dishes up now the 2nd for locals. I'm in the Los Angeles Area is this info. correct. Thanks in Advance..

Do you know which satellites you are pointing at right now. Probably 110 and 119. The network stations for LA are off of 119. And the main programing satellites are 110 and 119. And you have a two dish system? What type of LNB's do you have on those two dishes? Do you know?

if you find that out first, then we'll know how many dishes you will need.

Thanks for the info guys!! So I can have them remove one of the 2 Dishes? And Have a Dish 1000 and the 2nd..I'm having a 811 replaced to a 942..Thanks Again

The only LA local channels on 148 are KBEH-63, KHIZ-64, and KVMD-23. They aren't even LA channels. You could swing your 148 dish over to 129 if you never watch those channels.

Chances are, they will be moved to 129 anyway. The only thing is you wouldn't be able to get KCBS-HD (although that's likely coming soon to 129 as well.)

This is all assuming you have a DISH 500 for one of your dishes. If you have two DISH 300s, then the DISH 1000 would replace both of your dishes.

Live in the Ventura area - my notes
- If you want all LA stations and CBS-W HD you currently need to see birds at 110/119/148 . Voom is mirrored on 129 but that is not "officially" on but it does work.
- The above info is correct you could use a "1000" for 110/119/129 and a 2nd dish for 148. It would require a DPP 4:4 switch.
- If you can get LA digitals OTA you really do not need 148 but, as the 942 has only one OTA tuner it is nice to be able to record non CBS HD local programs with the 942 OTA tuner and a CBS HD program using the sat tuner at the same time.

Thanks for the help Grandpa..I will keep it in mind when the installer comes out to put up The Dish 1000 and runs the lines for the 942..Again Thanks for your help

I have DISH and live in the LA area. I have 2 dishes, one pointed at 61.5 and the other receiving 110 and 119. I have the DISH 942 and get all HD channels including VOOM and also locals even though I also have OTA reception. What's the problem? Why would anyone need 3 Dishes unless they were not installed correctly in the first place?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)