Do I need a re-peak?

I'm pretty confident it's the 722. Id just wait for the hopper upgrade. If the cable going to the receiver is 3ghz the entire way from hopper to node, it sounds like a simple swap after replacing the ground block with solo node and capping the client port on node. (I think you've stated you were just getting one hopper)

I'm pretty confident it's the 722. Id just wait for the hopper upgrade...
Oh, of course. I don't intend to try to fix any of this since both boxes are going back. I have a rebooting 622 and a 722 that's probably defective as well. I'm going to make sure the installer understands all this so they can deem them defective. However, the reason I wanted to do the troubleshooting is that if it was something more than just the box, I'd like to have that determined prior to the installer attempting to hook up the Hopper. It's my understanding the installation can be kind of hairy at times (however, I think that's mostly with hybrid/wing dish setups). Additionally, if it was a cable problem, I wanted to ensure he picked the good cable to connect to the Hopper. Assuming both cables coming into the house are in good shape, I'd like to leave the second one, but just cap it. While I have no intention of getting another Hopper, I see no point in pulling a cable that's already been run.

...If the cable going to the receiver is 3ghz the entire way from hopper to node...
That 3GHz coax is all that's used after the block.

...it sounds like a simple swap after replacing the ground block with solo node and capping the client port on node...
Let's hope so.

I really appreciate all the help and advice, gentlemen. It's assets like all of you that make satelliteguys great.

I agree that it's most likely the 722 that's bad. As far as the cable goes, if there is a bad cable, it's almost certain that any problem is in the connectors. Unless a cable has been damaged along it's length somewhere, with a nail or by being cut, they just don't go bad except at the ends when moisture wicks into them. It's easy enough for the installer to re-terminate the cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)