Do I need a Switch?

superdave2000

Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I just changed my old Dish 500 with a new Dish 1000.2
I have 2 receivers - both are 311
Do I need the DPP44 switch for this?
I haven't been able to get a signal from 129.

Dish Tech support says I do, but I don't want to shell out more for the switch than the dish cost, only to find out its not needed.

Thanks,
David

No, you don't need the DPP-44 switch as something very similiar is built into the new triple LNBF. If the D1000.2 is properly aligned and there are no obstructions (i.e. trees, buildings) on 129, then running a check switch on your 311's will return 119/ALL, 110/ALL, 129/ALL, X/X (the forth position with X's is fine and expected - there is an input port on the LNB for a 2nd dish such as one pointed at another sat like 61.5 or 148 - which negates the need for a 44 switch as this LNB can combine 4 sat's onto 3 output).

The D1000.2 is a VERY picky dish and has no room for play in its alignment - it must be dead on. Also, as an installer myself, I've gone behind way too many installers who take the 500 off and put this new Dish in its place when there is NLOS (no line of sight) for 129 - quite often I have to relocate the dish. Note that 129 is lower and further to the right of 119 where your 500 was pointed. In many areas in is real hard to lock in, if even at all. Why do you need 129? Is it for your locals?

Last edited:
Yes like Farm said you don't need the DPP44, the CSR was wrong. I am also wondering why you need 129?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts