Do I need another DP44

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
I currently have 4 receivers connected to a DP 34 switch. I want to add another receiver, and i am upgrading to the Dish 1000 which i will need the DP44. Now will i need to get another DP44 in order to connect the 5th receiver, or is there some cheaper way?

What receivers do you have?

With the DPP Twin that comes with the D1000 and a DPP44 you can run a single cable to a dual tuner receiver with a separator. So you might not need an extra switch.

Well see right now i have a DP34 with the 2 301, 1 510, and 1 811. But im trading my 811 in for a 622 whenever it comes and upgrading to a dish 1000, so they will have to replace my current DP34 to a DP 44 right?......Also i am going to add the 5th receiver(411) but there isnt any 5th output on either the DP 34 or DP 44 so thats why im confused

So you really dont need a DP44 for the DIsh 1000

I just dont want to buy a DP34 and then when i get the 1000 installed have to buy a 44

They wont replace your dp34 with a dpp44. The d1000 will feed three sats into your dp34 over three rg-6 wires. From there, you can feed 4 tuners. Then, you can cascade a second dp34 from the outputs of the first dp34 to run another 4 tuners!

Dpp44 would only be used if you needed four sat locations.

The dish 1000 installation guide said DP34 is not compatible with the DPP TWIN in any installation. (Unless you put the power inserter with it.)

jgags6 said:
Im not planning to use the 622 as a dual tuner

I think you mean that you are going to use it in single mode (feed just one tv) rather than dual mode ( receiver feeds 2 tv's).

No matter what, it's a dual tuner receiver, meaning it needs 2 feeds from the dish, weather those feeds are from 2 lines w/dp34 or 1 line & separator w/dp44 it makes no difference it is gonna need 2 feeds to avoid trouble.

aftanewbie said:
The dish 1000 installation guide said DP34 is not compatible with the DPP TWIN in any installation. (Unless you put the power inserter with it.)

Can you direct us to this guide online. This might be my problem with my Dish 1000 install... They left the dual DP34's installed.

And....:welcome

We had a discussion about the DP34 being used with a DPP Twin in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=51593&page=2&highlight=dp34+dpp+twin

"I found a document that says that it can be used but found some others stating that you can't, judge for yourself. Apparently, it works if you have at least two receivers connected to the DP34.

Found another document that says:

http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwo...allation_Considerations-DP_Plus_Twin_LNBF.pdf

"Connection to a DP34 switch:

– To provide sufficient power to the DP Plus Twin and the DP34,
choose of the following:

A minimum of two constantly powered receivers must be
connected to the DP34."

I have The 942 and 2 811's connected to the first one and the 211 connected to the second. Maybe I ned to move one of the 811's over to the second switch. Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)