do I need Switch for 2 dish 500's for 61.5,119,110

jenec2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
Helena, Georgia
I am planning on connecting 2 dish 500's. One for 110 and 119 sats.
The second for 61.5. 129 is blocked by trees. Will I need a switch and what kind??
I'll be using a 612 receiver. How do I do this connect both dish's to Switch and then to receiver?? Will check Switch work OK?? :rant::eek::D

Yes you need a switch. But what type depends on Knowing more about your current LNB's and switchs. Many LNB's have builtin switches and some have a place to plug in a wing dish (like 61.5) into them to combine with the output of the LNB's pointing at 110/119. I.e you don't need to buy another switch in such cases.

The single-feedhorn (smaller) LNBs are either "duals" or "singles", though the singles are very rare and I don't think they're made any more. Do you have 2 duals on each Dish 500? The wider dual-feedhorn LNBs are called "twins". All twins come with an integrated switch. The DPP twin as you say has a 3rd jack to input a DP dual LNB on a wing dish.

So, assuming you don't have the DPP twin, then you can (obviously) buy one, or else buy a switch. A DP34 is cheapest but requires one cable per tuner. A DPP33 is a little more expensive but only needs one cable per dual-tuner receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)