do I need Switch for 2 dish 500's for 61.5,119,110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jenec2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
Helena, Georgia
I am planning on connecting 2 dish 500's. One for 110 and 119 sats.
The second for 61.5. 129 is blocked by trees. Will I need a switch and what kind??
I'll be using a 612 receiver. How do I do this connect both dish's to Switch and then to receiver?? Will check Switch work OK?? :rant::eek::D

Yes you need a switch. But what type depends on Knowing more about your current LNB's and switchs. Many LNB's have builtin switches and some have a place to plug in a wing dish (like 61.5) into them to combine with the output of the LNB's pointing at 110/119. I.e you don't need to buy another switch in such cases.

The single-feedhorn (smaller) LNBs are either "duals" or "singles", though the singles are very rare and I don't think they're made any more. Do you have 2 duals on each Dish 500? The wider dual-feedhorn LNBs are called "twins". All twins come with an integrated switch. The DPP twin as you say has a 3rd jack to input a DP dual LNB on a wing dish.

So, assuming you don't have the DPP twin, then you can (obviously) buy one, or else buy a switch. A DP34 is cheapest but requires one cable per tuner. A DPP33 is a little more expensive but only needs one cable per dual-tuner receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)