do I need to install a ku band filter if I have a cband filter installed?

Onzz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
so cal
Hi hoping for any info.....since I installed a C band bandpass filter on my LNB . I have no signal at all coming from the KU band LNB...any info as to why?
Thanks for any ideas.

Hi hoping for any info.....since I installed a C band bandpass filter on my LNB . I have no signal at all coming from the KU band LNB...any info as to why?
Thanks for any ideas.
Maybe explain your setup, so we know how you are (or were) receiving signals. Is it a COMBO C/Ku feedhorn? Etc... A photo might also help.

Maybe explain your setup, so we know how you are (or were) receiving signals. Is it a COMBO C/Ku feedhorn? Etc... A photo might also help.
Yes it is a c/ku combo feedhorn, I’m thinking that the extension from The filter is now blocking the signal to the lower ku band lnb - thank u for the reply . Probably need to extend the ku closer to the top — about even to where the c band lnb now sits

Yes it is a c/ku combo feedhorn, I’m thinking that the extension from The filter is now blocking the signal to the lower ku band lnb - thank u for the reply . Probably need to extend the ku closer to the top — about even to where the c band lnb now sits
That filter maybe completely incompatible with a C/Ku feedhorn setup. Might be they'll only work on a C-band only setup. Ask the seller.

I assume the poster has installed a mechanical filter?

Mechanical C-band inline band pass filters are fit in the waveguide leading to the C-band LNB. This type of filter would have no effect on signals passed through the KU waveguide to the KU LNB.

Reactions: primestar31
I assume the poster has installed a mechanical filter?

Mechanical C-band inline band pass filters are fit in the waveguide leading to the C-band LNB. This type of filter would have no effect on signals passed through the KU waveguide to the KU LNB.
Thank you for this

No, as in zero signal strength on the ku lnb?
Was switches powered on while installing the waveguide? Maybe blew a switch... or ku lnb died.

No, as in zero signal strength on the ku lnb?
Was switches powered on while installing the waveguide? Maybe blew a switch... or ku lnb died.
I don't think thats the case because I have tried a few good KU lnb's,,,I was thinking the same, maybe the lnb was bad l. Thank you for the reply ..much appreciated

Reactions: armadillo_115
One thing I always wondered about the dual C/Ku LNBF which had the Ku attached to the back, doesn't the Ku position far behind focal point matter or once the signal is in the feedhorn it doesn't matter? It would also seem like the LNBF C-band components would block signal getting to the Ku LNB? I tried one of these things more than 10 years ago and the signal on both sucked so I never pursued it again. I do enjoy the YouTube videos showing a guy from some foreign country doing the DIY mod removing the back of his C-band LNBF and attaching the Ku.

Last edited:
Reactions: Onzz
Not sure about that,,,my set up has C/KU band lnb's with a polarizer servo motor