Do I plan to get the Verizon iPhone?

Pick one

• I have an AT&T iphone and will switch to Verizon ASAP

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I have an iphone but will stay with AT&T

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • I will switch to Verizon iphone when iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Verizon now and will get the iphone4 when it comes out.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I am on Verizon now and wait until my contract allows or will wait until iphone5 comes out.

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm on Verizon now and don't want any stinking iphone.

• I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will switch to Verizon to get the iphone ASAP.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I'm on Sprint or T-Mobile and will wait for the iphone5 to switch to Verizon.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I'm on another carrier besides Verizon and don't care about the iphone. Happy with what I have now.

• Total voters
Picked one up this morning for the wife. Must have been 2 Verizon Wireless employees in the store and maybe 7-8 customers. This was right at 7AM.

My son and I have both had Droids for just at a year. I prefer my Droid. The son is a slave to fasion and wants an Iphone but has to wait another 6 months before he can get a new phone.

Yep, CNN is reporting short or nonexistent lines at VZW stores. Guess almost everyone pre-ordered.

Which model is everyone getting? I ordered mine this morning through my company. I went with the 32 gig version.

Misc. News I heard yesterday:

The lines varied from non-existent to minor depending on the weather. But the real story was the preorder sales resulted in a sellout for Verizon stock. Stock reserved for open day stores was not impacted by the preorder sales however many stores are reporting sell out after the first day. The CFO from Verizon also reports that it is too early to tabulate the sales impact since Verizon operates many store outlets, such as department stores and independents who have not reported sales.

I also heard that Verizon has a $200 offer being sent to AT&T contract customers to make the switch. I don't know if this is to their advantage but I would like current AT&T customers interested in this to comment. Details?

Many are worried ( myself included) that the influx of iphone customers will have a negative affect on the EVDO network. The CFO of Verizon said that their market tests indicate they will acquire about 11-12 million new customers with the iphone4 and 5 over the next 6 months. This number does not include those existing Verizon customers who switch to the iphone. Their network will not be impacted by these new accounts because they have prepared for this level of of use in advance.

There is probably some dust on the inside of the lens

That's what I was thinking. The VZ store swaped it out for a new one, no questions asked. It was quite nice.

Which model is everyone getting? I ordered mine this morning through my company. I went with the 32 gig version.

I got the 32 gig version. 16 gigs wasnt cutting it any more.

Are there any here who voted in the poll and changed your mind in a non-reversing way, such as you said you would not buy an Verizon iphone but did anyway? If you said you were planning to buy one but didn't yet, that could still happen in the future, it is not an irreversible change.

39279768.png
A colleague of mine just got the Verizon iPhone. We both did a 3G speednet test on our phones at the same time and same location. He got 1.45 down and 0.17 up. I got 2.2 down and 0.11 up with ATT

Last edited:
If those numbers are reversed, that makes sense with what I’ve seen with Verizon as well when I play at the mall kiosks on their good days. If you meant to type in that way then something is seriously wrong and the speedtest server is screwed up. I never said Verizon had a good data network, in fact I think their data network is about just as bad as AT&Ts. I have a VZW work issued phone, we got Push To Talk enabled phones to replace Nextel (which was a huge mistake), and Verizon’s PTT feature blows in comparison partly because it uses their data network , it’s not true two way trunked communication like iDEN is. Anyhow, my point, more often than not when I leave the immediate suburbs of a city I either have poor data coverage or none at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)