Do I really have to replace my box?

blahblahblah65

Original poster
May 28, 2008
722, was working fine this morning. No storms, no movement on my dish that I can see.

I now get no channels with an 015 error code. The progress stays at 0 of 5 and never changes although the transponders/sat does change.
When I try to hit guide I get 024 error code.
Tried unplugging, tried the power button reset, no dice. But randomly I walked towards the screen and it turned on. I could access all channels for about 10 minutes and then it died again and has not come back.

I can still access and view all of my recordings on the DVR part of it. Which makes me think the HDD is just fine. I did the online chat and the guy just repeated over and over that it needs to be replaced. Did not respond to any of my questions etc. Just cut and pasted the same line over and over.

Do I really have to replace this unit? :(

If you box is connected to a phone line or broadband: Call Dish, and when they answer, ask to be transferred to a US call center, they should connect you immediately. Confirm that you are speaking to a US call center CSR by asking them what city they are in. You will usually get a very nice person who is much easier to talk to and understands how things work better. Have them look at your STB Health. They can see if they are any alerts about your HDD being bad.

In my case I was pretty sure it was my HDD, and I really did not want to replace it because I have my many recordings on it, but when the CSR said that she sees that the trouble box did indeed have a bad HDD flag on it, it was easy for both of us to move on and just get it it RMA'd. Good luck, to you.

Staying at 0 of 5 and scanning through all the transpoders means you are not getting a signal because you have either disconnected the cables between the dish and receiver or your dish is not getting a signal from the satellites. Your receiver is not the problem. error# 15 is for signal lost.

Last edited:
I'm not hooked up to the phone or net on the box. Any way to check this myself?

About all you can do is do a 'check switch' and hope it finds the satelites.
Ive had my switch get corrupted and had to do many 'check switch' to get
it working right. If 'check switch' doesnt work, you can try to clear the switch by
disconnecting both coax going to 'satelite in' then do 'check switch'.

clear the switch matrix

OK t-shooting time. 1st unplug the sat cables going into the unit. Then run a chk switch. Once it is done it will tell you the lose of sats save that, then shut it off. Now hook the cables back into the DVR. Run chk switch again and see if it finds sats. If not look at details and see what is wrong. If no sats show up then you either have bad switch of the dish you have is either not seeing the sats anymore or just plan gone bad. Which means you will need a tech.

OK t-shooting time. 1st unplug the sat cables going into the unit. Then run a chk switch. Once it is done it will tell you the lose of sats save that, then shut it off. Now hook the cables back into the DVR. Run chk switch again and see if it finds sats. If not look at details and see what is wrong. If no sats show up then you either have bad switch of the dish you have is either not seeing the sats anymore or just plan gone bad. Which means you will need a tech.

Once again this forum saves the day. Thank you to the two users that suggested this. It took 3 attempts but worked! Hasn't been down since, knock on wood.

Thanks again everyone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)