Do Sci-Fi viewers have more dandruff than others?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
So, in a rare break from work today, I turn on the 410/SRL feeds. Stopped on Sci-fi (or however they're spelling it this week.)...and a Star Trek movie was on...

Same client's commercial was run 3 times, each time with the "slate" between it and the successive edition showing producing company, date, etc... Then a different client, then back to the same problem.

Was a long break.......eventually got away from Denorex (I'm pretty sure that's what it was)...and back to a Star Trek Movie.......

I know this stuff must be computerized, but....whomever is in charge of this should be saying, "would you like fries with that?" vs. running a national network's commercial insertion. Pathetic.

We make mistakes at the local level with radio. I'll admit that right now, but...shouldn't networks or those who distribute them be held to a bit "higher" standard in how they do things? The volume issues of commercial insertion are enough of an issue.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 410 and SRL programming. I would just like to see consistent quality since I'm paying....even for the commercials.

That is the problem with today's programmers. You pay for the privilege to watch commercials. As far as I am concerned if they want commercials
for cash flow they should be FTA. If they want subs to support them then commercials are out. Add to that the super logos decorating the screen
and numerous pop ups and who wants that crud. It makes no difference whether you use DC2, Dish, Direct or the various cable offerings its is the
same junk being forced on you. That goes for OTA also. To tell you the truth I get a lot more fun out of setting these systems up and making them
work than watching the programs that are available.

Back in the day pay tv meant you pay for the content and there was no commercials. But the programmers got greedy and force feed commercials, infomercials, bugs, ad crawls, and whatever else they can to turn more profit. The only way it would stop is if everyone pulled out and refused to go back unless it all stopped. Unfortunately people are brainwashed and accept it. Just like the poor quality digital picture provided by most pizza/cable providers these days.

The answer to the question is.....Yes, they have more dandruff.

Because they sit there scratching their head so much wondering why wrestling and other crap is on a science fiction channel.

DRCars

Oh, what fun to watch this thread. Actually, to clarify, I don't mind and actually accept that I'm buying the DISTRIBUTION of a signal mainly, and that commercials are part OF the signal I choose to have brought to my home, and within reason each part of the "food chain" has to have a (reasonable) fee.

The part I dislike is, of course, the non-attention to quality control in the execution of programming, e.g. repeat commercials, unregulated volume, and poor insertion timing when covering up other commercial matter in a break.

Love the comment about wrestling. What network HAS stayed true to its name or intended programming? Are there any?

Back in the day pay tv meant you pay for the content and there was no commercials. But the programmers got greedy and force feed commercials, infomercials, bugs, ad crawls, and whatever else they can to turn more profit. The only way it would stop is if everyone pulled out and refused to go back unless it all stopped. Unfortunately people are brainwashed and accept it. Just like the poor quality digital picture provided by most pizza/cable providers these days.

On OTA KABC in my area does not do real HDTV. 720i is the best they get. Add to that a lot of their stuff looks like 240i regardless of what it is. Add to that the censored blurred videos and you have an excellent
study in low definition TV. Why show a video so blurred that you can't see anything! It is insulting! Then there is a lot of Ankle TV during their news coverage also because they must be afraid to show anyone's
face. Can't see how they make any money on that unless they think that they can improve ratings by attracting more viewers with foot fetishes. So when the video looks bad on satellite feeds maybe it is garbage in garbage out.

I think HITS adds in some of there own commercials on the national channels. Sometimes you can catch a glimpse of another running commercial running a slight second earlier and once and awhile the ads run late over the programming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.