Do tech's normally carry dishes with them?

Well, unlucky you, none of your locals are in HD, that's why it's only SD that you see. Your locals come from 61.5.

You don't need 77. No harm having it but you get no programming from it. You might get better signals if you had the new dish that gets only 61.5 and 72.

Then you would need a dish getting 119, and if you wanted, add 110 to it.

OR

Your locals also come off 119!! (still in SD) You could get all the Western Arc (119/110/129) if you wanted to assuming you can see 129. But if HD locals were to be added, my best guess is it would definitely be added to the Eastern Arc, only maybe to the Western Arc, so it may be better to keep 61.5/72 and then add another dish to get 119. (And 110 if you wanted to) Plus it adds some redundancy.

Last edited:
Yep, have never been lucky with anything. I hope the next guy that shows has more than half a brain. I don't care where they point the darn dishes, just want what I had. :(

Heard from Mary B (if you are reading this Mary B, thanks ever so much!), I now know another new term! The 2nd dish is called a wing dish! She verified on my account that I need that dish and assured me the tech will have one with him as she contacted dispatch. What a gem. Now if only the tech's could be so friendly and helpful.

Heard from Mary B (if you are reading this Mary B, thanks ever so much!), I now know another new term! The 2nd dish is called a wing dish! She verified on my account that I need that dish and assured me the tech will have one with him as she contacted dispatch. What a gem. Now if only the tech's could be so friendly and helpful.

Glad Mary got you squared away. Jumping in late on this one, but the biggest reason that you end up with brain dead techs is the increasing pressure Dish puts on their techs in terms of goals to hit to make decent money. Its driving the good techs out. Not saying that this tech was in the right, not saying you shouldn't be upset (I would be torqued). More of giving you hope that there are still good techs out there and I really hope you get a good one. As a former tech, and in my opinion a decent one, it amazed me the number of good techs who came and went. Its a shame for the customers. If a dish system is properly installed it should operate properly for years, and when it does fail (in time, everything does) it should be equipment related. Think of it like getting a new roof on your house. When it does leak, at some point it will, it should be 40 years later due to the shingles being due to be replaced not because the roofer didn't do his job properly. Sorry to take this off track but just wanted to give you some optimism that you will get a good tech. Sorry to run on.

I had a Hopper install last month and the tech replaced my D1000 with a D1000.2 and wanted to take down my D500 pointed at 61.5, but I stopped him. That dish is my property, I bought it on eBay, etc. He disconnected it (just cut the cable) and just hooked me up to the D1000.2.

Well... last week my locals were uplinked on 61.5, so I called Dish and this morning they sent another tech out to reconnect the D500, maybe sometime in the next few weeks they will light them up and my PTAT will be HD instead of SD.

Thanks, I still have hope that there are good techs out there. The guy that put our system in was great, but it was his own business and small, he really took the time to make sure it was right. The service company coming out now you can tell is more of what you are saying, hurry so you can get on to the next customer. The first thing the person on the phone confirming my appt. said was do you have internet service? Please, I'm trying to get one problem fixed do you really think I want to get internet service at the same time? Ugh. Hopefully by this time tomorrow all will be back to normal.

Tomorrow morning, I won't be there, can't get time off, my husband will be there and I've tried to verse him on everything. He has orders to call me if the guy starts giving him any problems. To be sure I'll probably write a note to explain we get the Distant Network channels (my poor husband, lol). I'm afraid he's so mad he'll forget what the problem his, he'll just say, put the dish back! : )

Thanks, I still have hope that there are good techs out there. The guy that put our system in was great, but it was his own business and small, he really took the time to make sure it was right. The service company coming out now you can tell is more of what you are saying, hurry so you can get on to the next customer. The first thing the person on the phone confirming my appt. said was do you have internet service? Please, I'm trying to get one problem fixed do you really think I want to get internet service at the same time? Ugh. Hopefully by this time tomorrow all will be back to normal.

The csr agaent may or may not have been trying to sell internet to you, because they are required to ask because the techs are required to connect recievers to internet if available. But like any profession there are prople that actually try to get things done correctly and then there are people who are just looking to do the minimum just to get paid.

The csr agaent may or may not have been trying to sell internet to you, because they are required to ask because the techs are required to connect recievers to internet if available. But like any profession there are prople that actually try to get things done correctly and then there are people who are just looking to do the minimum just to get paid.

Ahh, thanks, didn't know that. Crossing my fingers that we get a different tech, or if the same one that he doesn't come in with an attitude now.

You don't need 77. No harm having it but you get no programming from it. You might get better signals if you had the new dish that gets only 61.5 and 72.

Then you would need a dish getting 119

OR

Your locals also come off 119!! (still in SD) You could get all the Western Arc (119/110/129) if you wanted to assuming you can see 129. But if HD locals were to be added, my best guess is it would definitely be added to the Eastern Arc, only maybe to the Western Arc, so it may be better to keep 61.5/72 and then add another dish to get 119. (And 110 if you wanted to) Plus it adds some redundancy.

My guess would be the 119 was running directly to the input on the .4 ea lnb. The .2 ea lnb doesn't have the input, which would mean incorporating a 33 or 44 switch instead.

Now you're going over my head, lol. But, I think the 119 was running direct. Don't get me worrying about if he's gonna set it back up right, ugh....I won't be there to check the channels.

My guess would be the 119 was running directly to the input on the .4 ea lnb. The .2 ea lnb doesn't have the input, which would mean incorporating a 33 or 44 switch instead.

So, the tech made it, his only comment was "I took it down because sometimes the two dishes fight each other, I guess from now on I'd better ask before I remove". Uh, yeah, ya think? So, everything seems to be ok now. Miracles never cease!

So, the tech made it, his only comment was "I took it down because sometimes the two dishes fight each other, I guess from now on I'd better ask before I remove". Uh, yeah, ya think? So, everything seems to be ok now. Miracles never cease!

Glad you got your issue resolved. I will tell you that sometimes the training for Dish installers from Dish corporate is a little lacking. Even with my 6 years of field experience I am still learning things especially from this website. Especially when it comes to programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts