Do they still make FM splitters?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
My cable company has FM service, but no longer uses the FM splitters; the ones that separate the FM from the rest of the signal.

My receiver does not have a cable port, but rather a 75 ohm port for a wire and the ground. yes, it's odd!

That causes a big leak and also causes interference on my TV because of signal ingress.

Where could I get one of those FM isolation splitters? Are they still made?

I know most cable systems dropped FM service a long time ago.:(

Thanks!!

Doctor Bob said:
RadioShack!!!

No, I'm talking about the splitter that separates the FM signal, not the standard splitter.

I'm trying to avoid the signal travelling back and causing interference on channels 19 and 20, along with causing a signal leak.

Regal and TUSA used to make them, they would say "TV" on one side and "FM" on the other.

I haven't seen on in 10 years.

miguelaqui said:
No, I'm talking about the splitter that separates the FM signal, not the standard splitter. I'm trying to avoid the signal travelling back and causing interference on channels 19 and 20, along with causing a signal leak. Regal and TUSA used to make them, they would say "TV" on one side and "FM" on the other.

Like these ???

http://www.soontai.com/DPX1-TVFM.html

http://www.soontai.com/MMS-301.html

Last edited:
A Pico Macom item that is no longer available in their catalog.

We have a few of them in stock (line in, TV and "FM" outputs).
All 75 ohm connections.

Drop me a PM if you need more than one.

Mike

miguelaqui said:
No, I'm talking about the splitter that separates the FM signal, not the standard splitter.

I'm trying to avoid the signal travelling back and causing interference on channels 19 and 20, along with causing a signal leak.

Regal and TUSA used to make them, they would say "TV" on one side and "FM" on the other.

Channel 6 is at the bottom of the FM Dial (88Mhz), not channel 19.

True, but the OP may be getting some harmonic interference at higher frequencies. The TV/FM diplexers will have good band separation and high return loss to any reflected signals so that type of interference should be minimized...

HDTVFanAtic said:
Channel 6 is at the bottom of the FM Dial (88Mhz), not channel 19.

I didn't say it was.

Due to a pager service in the area, channels 19 and 20 are prone to interference. One of the 2 cable companies had to move HBO and change a lot of traps because of this, many years ago.

Your not thinking of an FM Trap?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...=&origkw=fm+trap&kw=fm+trap&parentPage=search

A long time ago when I had Comcast Cable they used to use an old analog addressable cable box system that worked at the 106.5 MHZ range.

I would call them up, subscribe to all the movie channel packages and then install the trap to prevent them from "downgrading" my package when I called to remove the movie channels.

When I finally got Dish, they had so many movie channels it wasn't even worth my time to steal 1 channel of HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Starz!

kb7oeb said:
What do they have on the FM service? Is it just the regular FM stations?
Yes, this is a dying service. For a while, they had the pay channels and MTV on FM stations also. This was nice before stereo TVs because popular. You could listen to MTV, HBO, MAX and Espn throught the stereo. Yes, they also had the local FM stations.

I even worked for a company that had an FM Only service for offices. But, they had some commercial free channels on as well....It really wasn't FM only; they just used the antenna basic traps.

I knew many systems that have dropped the FM service...it always happens soon after a larger company takes over.

By the way...the small company dumped the FM service, so I'm glad I didn't get one of those splitters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)