Do they take your old dish and lnbs when upgrading

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Question, I own my dish 500 and twin DP lnbf. Do they use the LNBF off my dish and add a single for 129? I thought the new 1000 dish has a dishproplus LNBF?"

Do they try and take your old dish and lnbfs? I have read some post where they refused to let owner keep as its an upgrade? That would answer why there are TONS of lnbf's used on Flea bay.

they didnt take my dish500 when they installed my superdish. it just depends on the installer. and on a side note, that 36xbr800 u got is a great tv, got one myself :)

A_Pac said:
It just depends on the installer.

Maybe it depends more on the contractor. My company expects us to return all leased equipment from a system that we modify. They claim dish won't pay for the new equipment if the old isn't RA'd. We had a big tif when they assumed--rather than asked---that we were "gaining" equipment on wing dish installs, which isn't always the case. If the customer has a DPP Twin, for example, we would hook up the wing to the input, thereby only adding equipment, and not returning anything.

They are supposed to take the old lnbf's/switches as part of the upgrade, the dish they dont have to take, if it isnt taken and they dont note on the work order as to why they can possibly be charged for the equipment that they did not take.

When my 1000 was installed and my two 500's were taken down, I specifically asked the installer if he was going to take the old dishes and he said that he tells all customers to either throw them out or sell them on Ebay...

They didn't take mine, but they were the legacy LNBs and I owned them.
On the other hand, the moron that did my install really didn't do anything right.

They had to move my dish 500 twin to another location to be able to install a dish 500 in its place to pick up 61.5.
They replaced the old antenna, lnb's, and switches to accommodate my new 622. They left my old Dish 500 and LNB's.
The were here from 4:00 PM till 10:00 PM and did a great job.
This only took all of two weekends to get the work order straight.
But what a bargain for $99.00.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts