Do we maintain an active list of 921 bugs/complaints?

markusian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Do we, or anybody else, maintain an active list of the current 921 bugs, complaints and shortcomings?

This could be very helpful for the 921 owner wana'be.

-Mark

Nope, Mark has a good list over at DBSTalk though.

The 921 for the most part is DEAD. Other then a few fixes I am hearing there will be no more devolopment for the product.

I heard this the other day but I didn't believe it until I got the note this afternoon stating that the 921 will not have Name Based Recording as was previously announced.

It also appears that the 942 will also have a short life as it does not support MPEG4. Its sad to see a receiver dead before its even released.

I purchased my 921 at costco...which means I can return it at any time over the next year. This give me plenty of leway as what to do as things develop.

Personaly I am waiting on Voom to release a DVR then all bets are off

markusian said:
Do we, or anybody else, maintain an active list of the current 921 bugs, complaints and shortcomings?
I'm trying to do something like that on the EKB, keeping track in the software history when bugs appear and get resolved, see http://ekb.dbstalk.com/310 . It's not complete as I haven't gone back to research the updates I missed. It's not as handy as a nice list but you get the idea.

As for tracking all the complaints and shortcomings... there aren't enough hours in the day :) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts