Do you get a paper bill before VOOM withdraws $ from your CC?

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I have seen a few posters that have stated that they don't get a paper bill before the money is withdraw from their CC.

No I the withdraw happens like a week before the paper "statement". It would be nice to have the option to pay with check and/or call up and pay with a different CC.

Dvlos,

I thought it was the othe way around. How about your online account does it show the money to be deducted before it is withdraw?

This last payment was withdrawn on 7/27 and I still haven't received a statement.

I think we have gotten maybe 1 statement from Voom. Also when I called to update CC expire data the billing date changed to the end of the month. I thought it would be that way from now on.. but nope the next month it was at the old billing date. This really sucks when you are on a paper thin buget and the money comes right out of checking account.!!

I only get paper bills and I pay by check. I gave them my credit card details when I signed up but nothing ever came out of my credit card account and on the voom web site my account says "paper bill."

I always get a statement about a week or so before they charge my card.

BTW, just to add some positivity towards Voom, Voom rules.

I saw the 1st statement like a month after I signed up. They charged the CC way before that.

If I wanna know what they're charging me, I go to the amex web site and log in to see my acct. I don't depend on voom.

Maybe we should all post where we live, I'm in south florida and the charge happens before the paper statement?

I signed up for Voom on 7/20 and got installed on 7/26. On 7/27 I called in to see if I could be sent a paper bill and pay by check, but was told that was not possible. Instead I just changed the credit card I wanted to use for my account. My voom online statement shows my current charges, but I haven't been charged anything on either card yet and I haven't been mailed a bill or statement. How long do they usually take to charge you after the initial install? I live in central California.

Installed Va Va Voom on 6/15/2004

1st billing
7/12/2004 Creditcard was charged 95.99
7/14/2004 paper bill showed up with a 7/10 due date.

2nd billing
7/27/2004 Creditcard was charged 95.99
7/29/2004 paper bill showed up with a 7/25 due date.

So I have to pay every 15 days?

Do we pay in advance of service or after the fact?

The 2nd bill shows service dates between 7/15 through 8/14

I live in southern California.

I was installed on 3/04 and had no problems with the billing. I always get a paper copy in the mail at least a couple of days before Voom charges the card. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

tdillon said:
Installed Va Va Voom on 6/15/2004

1st billing
7/12/2004 Creditcard was charged 95.99
7/14/2004 paper bill showed up with a 7/10 due date.

2nd billing
7/27/2004 Creditcard was charged 95.99
7/29/2004 paper bill showed up with a 7/25 due date.

So I have to pay every 15 days?

Do we pay in advance of service or after the fact?

The 2nd bill shows service dates between 7/15 through 8/14

I live in southern California.

Looks like your first bill is a month of service after the fact and your second bill is for a month of service in advance. You can probably expect to be charged around the 15th of every month from now on. This is all just assumption on my part, but it seems logical.

My account is now up to $275.00 as the auto charge is not working. My card has not been charged one penny since I signed up with Voom in July. I called Voom Customer Service and asked them to charge my card so I could get my account paid off, but the CSR said she can't do that, they can only do Auto-Pays. Apparently she didn't hear me when I said Auto-Pay was not working. Its pretty bad when I can't get people to take my money. Oh Well!!

I won't vote (at least not yet) on this pole, cause I still have just under $20.00 left in my credit, but should get my first withdrawel from my CC on the August 11.... I just hope they don't screw that up and I get one of those $1000.00 withdrawels... but, that shouldn't happen, cause at present I'm pretty well maxxed out...

Neither one. Same situation as rollerfink. Credit card was charged for the initial installation on 1/2/04, but now set up as 'paper bill'. Voom sends a statement/invoice, and I pay by check.

Received my bill in yesterday's mail (8/4/04) with a due date of 8/1. Checked my CC account and it was charged on 8/1. This is the only company I have this problem with, everyone else (and there are several I have set to auto-pay) I get the statement well before the bill is due.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts