Do you have a RAID EHD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you have one or more RAID EHDs?

• Don't have any

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Less than 500 GB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 GB

• Between 500 GB & 1 TB

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 1 TB

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 1.5 TB

• 2 TB

• I have more than one RAID EHD

• Total voters
A Raid HDD? Raid 1 or 5 or what are you asking. Several in a server that backs up to each other or spreads across multiple drives? Well looked at you other thread about the Vantec NexStar MX. So you have it and I have a feeling that few even here are doing that. When it is hooked up is it configed in 0 or 1? I've a docking staion and see no reason to going to a RAID set up.

Last edited:
Uh, did you mean to put this in the Computers & Gadgets section? I know that Dish's boxes do not support RAID over the EHD service, although I admit it'd be kindof neat if they did.

Uh, did you mean to put this in the Computers & Gadgets section? I know that Dish's boxes do not support RAID over the EHD service, although I admit it'd be kindof neat if they did.

No, it's in the right place. RAID EHD. Dish support? Huh? It's hardware RAID, invisible to the STB. But it's redundant. If an HDD goes bad, the other keeps on trucking and I lose nothing (it's RAID 1, mirrored). Since there's only 2 HDDs in the enclosure, RAID 5 would not be an option (poor performance/limited redundancy, no real reason for 5 with only 2 disks). Docking station is fine, but there's no redundancy. I've lost too much to dead HDDs (loved that 721 anyway), did not want to take any chances on the important stuff.

It's easy. Open the unit, flip dip toggles 2 up & 2 down for RAID 1, slide in the two SATA HDDs, plug it in and turn on the power switch. Press reset. Reassemble. 1 TB of mirrored storage.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts