Do you have C-Band, KU band or both?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you have C-Band, KU or both

• KU Band only

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • C Band only

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Both (and my C-Band dish is 5 feet or larger)

Votes: 31 46.3%
  • Both (and I get some C-band on a smaller than 5 foot dish)

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Pretty self explanatory

Are you C-band only, KU Band only or both?

I added two options for both as some of us are tweaknig and having fun with a smaller than regulation C-Band dish like a Primestar or a 1.2 so if there are 2 options
if you have a legit C-band dish (5 feet or greater) or if you use a 1.2 or smaller for some hobby C-band

Last edited:
I have had a 10 foot Prodelin solid Dish since 1983. C and Ku Band.
I have a Mot 922, Integra 912, Integra 910, ST 9900 DVB and a Twinhan sat card.

I have both C/ku and Bud and smaller dishes. I also have the SatelliteAV version of the C/ku lnb with standard ku, but have not played with it yet. In fact, I just Saturday placed the new SatelliteAV 1.2m dish with the C/ku lnb on the pole, but haven't done any more, as yet. Geeez, the more I type, the sorrier I feel!

Al

voted for #3. Had a 10 ft dish from 1988 to 1997 until the parents threw it away as it was rusting and they busted the motor. 1st show was Dr Gene Scott on W5. Last great event seen was the '97 Rose Bowl. The one Wisconsin won with that running back.

5 ft dish from 1998 to 2006. Heavy thing with a patio mount. Not much was watchable.

6 ft dish from 2006 forward. I imagine a 8 ft dish will be bought next year.

1st ku dish bought in mid/late '96 through UPS. Used to take a 5" TV outside and look for feeds. Then came back to the front room and tried to watch them. The dish sat on crates to look over the balcony on the 3rd floor. Could see from SBS 6 to SBS 5 and later to T7 once the apartment complex cut out the palm tree finally at my request.

Other ku dishes bought later. 2nd came in 2000 and so on. Anyway, have both with DirecTV and Dish Network.

Running a 7.5' motorized mesh for c/ku bands, a 90cm dish motorized with a SG2100 for linear/circular ku (QPH-031), and a fixed Phase III.

Man I'm glad I have a flat roof for this hobby!

I have both.C band is a 10 footer aimed at G16 with a home made mount consisting of a couple of lawn chairs.I hope to patent this idea.:D

Attachments

• cband1.JPG
    cband1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 220
I have both.C band is a 10 footer aimed at G16 with a home made mount consisting of a couple of lawn chairs.I hope to patent this idea.:D

This gives me hope in owning a cband dish that sits at the back of my lawn. I live in Winter zone (Winnipeg), so I could use snow to hold a cband on the lawn....maybe. How easy is it to point a dish on a cband (Stationary) versus a ku-linear (Motorized)?

I currently have only Ku band but I own a 6' mesh C-Band dish and a whole pile of extra parts so someday.......when I get the chainsaw tuned up......I might just have C-band again!

7.5' Unimash dish with H-H motor mount , Chaparral C-KU International CoRotor II + Cal Amp LNBs

6.3' Winegard dish with 18' Actuator arm ,C-KU Chaparral CoRotor II + Cal Amp LNBs

6.3' Winegard dish AZ mount C-Band LNBF Pass 9.

10' c/ku band - channel master
6' c band- channel master
1.2 meter ku band, but have picked up c band channels on it
40" pstar ku band
76 cm ku band

I'm quite amazed at the totals....seems like its split down the middle with people who are KU only versus ones who have both...I thought there would be more KU only here :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)