Do you have FTA as your only TV entertainment souorce?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
FFP:Do you have FTA as your only TV entertainment souorce?

Since I forgot last weeks Friday fun poll, I’ll do one for this week early…Pretty Simple question

Do you have FTA as your only source of TV entertainment? (this includes an OTA antenna)

If not, what subscription service (s) do you have (multiple choices)

I also have Directv. I also have a Cablevision feed into the house for my internet modem, but no tv signal.

But, lately, I'm glued to RTN on my FTA, and LOVING it!!

Mike

Entertainment:

FTA
DishNetwork - HDPak and VoomPak only
Basic cable - QAM HD Locals (ABC,CBS,PBS,NBC,FOX,WB)
OTA - HD Locals

I have analog cable (mostly for the wife). My goal is to have a C Band system to run with my FTA and OTA antenna and then "cut the cable". She has her own TV due to our differing tastes-I watch news, she watches "Touched by An Angel". So we need two systems and I figure there would be more of what she likes on C Band. Have to move first though.

I have both Dish and FTA plus micro-BUD. I primarily watch Dish but have fun watching free feeds and other football teams.

I have a Directv and FTA dish and OTA local channels.

I use Directv for Sunday Ticket and HDTV, as for FTA dish, TV DXing and watch out of town local news and more sports feeds!! :D

We have a few channels that we are subbed to off of the BUD, but the majority of the time we watch FTA.

Still setting up FTA Coolsat 4000 with Ku Universal and DSS LNB.

Currently have Digital Cable and will get rid of it as soon as the FTA is up and working.

I'm subscribed to digital cable but we pretty much only watch the analog channels. In my case Digital ends up being cheaper than analog due to the multi-service discounts.

If I can get 4DTV running on my little mesh I'll un-plug from cable.

I have FTA C & Ku and I also have analog and HD OTA channels.

Total "TV Bill" = $0 :D

If UMD would put all their games on KU band (like North Dakota does), I'd get rid of Dish in a heartbeat (only have it for the UMD games) :)

For now just OTA with a few HD digital channels from the USDTV reciever. The FTA channels so far I have a fewon G1 I watch, but once I get the BUD up and running, may go for the 4DTV setup and subscribe to a few channels, mainly SciFI and a few of the others.

Diamond Jim said:
I have a monster antenna on the roof for locals to go with the 4DTV NPS subscriptions, C and Ku FTA analog and digital and FTA digital. :yes

Hey Jim,

What is the state of C Band subscription services these days? Is the price still cheaper than other services? They still offer ala carte?

tracy,
yes they are still cheaper, and yes you can still order channels ala carte.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)