Do you have the HR20 yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Do you have the HR20 yet? no beta testers please

• yes

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • no

Votes: 69 92.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are getting stranger and stranger every day. What exactly are you trying to prove here, and why does it give you so much satisfaction to crack on D*? I understand the frustration but for gods sake, chill on this ridiculous stuff, it takes away from your legit complaints.

First off I guess you have to be in/around LA. Then you have to be a D* HD sub, then you actually have to be someone that reads these threads. Probably what, 4 members in that group at most. LOL. Maybe a new thread is needed for a poll on "is this the dumbest poll ever". But, since (before he changed his comments) Mr. Vurbano was so certain that NOBODY had ever seen one (called me out on stating that some had) this is his ridiculous way of verifying his statement (in his own mind).

I thought in one thread a user that said he wasn't a tester, just a user in the LA area; said he ordered one via telephone and that 9/15/06 was the 1st install date. I wish I could find that post to re-read it.

I think your really close Charper1, From DBStalk:

Hey guys,
First post here, but I've read for quite awhile. Anyway, I just got back from Las Vegas where I attended a convention where DirecTV was one of the vendor sponsors. I was inquiring about the release date of the HR20 with one of their people, and she said September 12th was the date. She herself was a beta tester of the unit and said that it was going very well, and they were going to move it up.
I'd say take this with a grain of salt, because DirecTV people are usually pretty bad with information, but she really sounded sure of herself and seemed to know what she was talking about...
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=62181

directvfreak said:
It's been released in LA. I called yesterday and there installing them.
Lots of people have called and yes they are being scheduled for installs. Thats not the same thing as having one. As Charper1 pointed they are being scheduled for install. The earliest he's seen being in September.

Too bad the 4 mystery voters havent posted reviews here. Very strange. A review from a real customer would be refreshing. There is a user in the Tivo community that claims to have an install today. Thats the first one Ive heard of. Perhaps he will post pictures.

Last edited:
Seriously, we would all like to see that someone has it, and hear about it and see it. But really, what percentage of D* subs do you think look into this board. I meanwhen there are a couple of thousand there, I doubt we would know it.

I would guess that no D* sub would even be aware of it if not for forums like DBStalk or AVS forum. Unless they sit with baited breath looking for press releases on the net. ANd if they do that they would most likely visit Sat guys, DBS or AVS.

vurbano said:
I would guess that no D* sub would even be aware of it if not for forums like DBStalk or AVS forum. Unless they sit with baited breath looking for press releases on the net. ANd if they do that they would most likely visit Sat guys, DBS or AVS.
There has been NO advertising at least nationally, probably in the LA market.
therefore the only way anyone would know about the new stuff would be if they were interested in DBS enough to fins sites such as this and the others in the community.
Then I guess that goes for ANY thing to do with dbs offerings, HD channels or antytrhing else, local channels ect...
99% of sat subs have no knowledger of new channels or sats going up or anything like that, they just watch their paid programming and are happy with it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
There has been NO advertising at least nationally, probably in the LA market.
therefore the only way anyone would know about the new stuff would be if they were interested in DBS enough to fins sites such as this and the others in the community.
Then I guess that goes for ANY thing to do with dbs offerings, HD channels or antytrhing else, local channels ect...
99% of sat subs have no knowledger of new channels or sats going up or anything like that, they just watch their paid programming and are happy with it.

Jimbo
Agree 100%

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts