Do you have to be home for dish install?

Yes, of course you have to be home.

A. The tech needs to get in your house to connect equipment.

B. You will be required to sign paperwork when the install is complete.

no you don't have to be there, just don't forget to reschedule 24hr before tech shows up there so the tech wont waste his time on a trip to live you a door tag

I love it when I am up 20+ feet on a ladder and the customer comes out and say "I have to leave for about an hour. Just lock the doors when you leave."

UUMMM no I won't cause I am leaving too. What if I fall? What if someone breaks in?

People have no sense. I am not gonna take responsibility for your house.

Guess nobody was home when the question was asked :D

No you dont have to be there but someone over the age of 18 does have to be there the entire time of the installation/service call, if the person is under 18 or the installer suspects ( good installer worth his/her salt ) then they will want proof and if it cant be provided dont expect them to stick around as it presents alot liability issues.

I love it when I am up 20+ feet on a ladder and the customer comes out and say "I have to leave for about an hour. Just lock the doors when you leave."

UUMMM no I won't cause I am leaving too. What if I fall? What if someone breaks in?

People have no sense. I am not gonna take responsibility for your house.

I ran into this several times. PITA. Do the CSRs not take 2 minutes to explain this and to pull out your 5 ton entertainment center in your living room 3 feet where you want the 622 installed????

Or do the customers just ignore this and think the reciever and cabling will magically grow themselves??

title says all. :)
It's a valid question for thois ewho just do not know. Despite the replies you're getting, it is not unusal for me to get this question. Some customers get very angry when I tell them yes, you must be present and no you may not leave the premises until I am through unles you want me to stop work. The reasons are quite clear. Liability on my part and the customer MUST be present ot approve the install before I start work.
The liability issue falls under two categories. First potential claims frokm damage to your home /property. If you are not present and something breaks, I want you there to check it out. Next, if you are not there you could simply claim something is lost stolen or broken. Next, If I am injured on your property I am sure you would like to be there.
Anyway, there ya have it.
Oh yeah the angry customer thing. These are people who tink the world revolves around their busy schedule. So they schedule an appointment knowing ful well they cannot be present or allow so little time it is impssible to get the work done . Some of these people will snap when they are informed that they must be present the entire time we are working.
Make it easy on your self. Make the time to be there and allow enough time to ensure the tech can do a quality un hurried job.

C'mon. Most all customers figure out that when they get dish or other service that they need a small dish put on their homes as they have seen one over on a neighbors houses, apts or at one of the other 13.6 million sites. Its also pretty common that you will need the signal into the house and every cust Ive ever dealt with knows there will be a new box of some sort installed. While yes I can see some customers have busy lifes try being that of a tech with 4-5 of these a day. Sorry not much sympathy here. Yes its a imperfect system but only so much a tech can do. Cannot change laws of matter, physics or time. Im sorry.

While yes I can see some customers have busy lifes try being that of a tech with 4-5 of these a day.

When I was a QAS, I had a customer that needed service on a pretty new install. The thing was the customer was never available for someone to be there. After several attemps to get her serviced, and no contact, I called her cell and said when can we come out to work on the system.

Cutomer calls me back and says that the only time she is home Monday - Sunday is from 7:00 PM - 7:15 PM :eek: I kidd you not this is what she told me. I said why do you even have Dish if you are only home for 15 min. a night? She explains to me that she works a full time job during the day. Then at night she is a live in care taker for an elderly person.

I still have no clue why this person had Dish. We finally got one of her next door neighbors to come let us reboot her IRD.

Well, it makes sense, of course but I wish there was a way around it. My wife _HATES_ it when any service/tech comes into our house. She's had a bad experience to base it on but still her view is "you're an engineer, you should be able to connect some wires inside yourself."

I'd like to pay for the install (in my case an upgrade from Dish500 twin to a 110/119/129 set up for HD) and have them just do the outside work.

Any ideas on if/how I might work with an installer to get that? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)