Do you let your little kids play?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Im curious if you let your young kids play with your consoles ( 2yr and up ) or if you keep them out of reach. My brother inlaw had guitar hero and rockband with the drums for his wii that his girlfriend bought him along with a 42inch lcd. The girlfriend let the 2yr old and 3yr old play with the guitar and drums and they broke both of those and then they beat on the new tv and broke the screen so within two weeks there went about a grand down the toilet.

I let my daughters play a few Rated E demos: Rub-A-Dub, Slot Cars...No Killzone2 for them. They're 2 1/2 & 6 yrs old. The day I bought it, I told them both if they tried to play without me being in the same room or harmed it (or the TV) in any way, it would be their last day on Earth. I was exaggerating, of course, but they don't know that. ;) To be on the safe side, I do keep all accessories out of reach.

My daughter is nine, she plays her Wii when she gets her homework done, plus she has a Gamecube in her room.

She has been using the computer since she was three, but I have to watch what she downloads, kids think everything is good, they don't know what adware/spyware is.

My youngest put a nickel in the disc slot on our Wii. Didn't do any damage to the Wii but scratched the Wii Play disc that was inside. Lesson learned was she is now out a game. They know better to even come near the PS3.

I played games (wall-e and sonic) with my oldest daughter (she's 5) on the PS3. She enjoyed it but the controller was a bit too complicated so she lost interest.

As for the OP, WTF, was there no supervision? How does a 2 and 3 year old have enough time alone to break everything? yes, I have kids, 5 and 3, but hell, I think I would hear it before it got that out of hand.

kids are 7,9,10...they play on the PC and 360 after homework etc. No GOW but they an do a Call of duty with no language. When I was a kid you went to arcades and played games shooting things.
as long as a parent is a parent not a friend, kids should be fine imo.

My son and daughter started playing as soon as they could hold the controller.

Van, your brother-in-law is an idiot for not watching the kids.

Im curious if you let your young kids play with your consoles ( 2yr and up ) or if you keep them out of reach. My brother inlaw had guitar hero and rockband with the drums for his wii that his girlfriend bought him along with a 42inch lcd. The girlfriend let the 2yr old and 3yr old play with the guitar and drums and they broke both of those and then they beat on the new tv and broke the screen so within two weeks there went about a grand down the toilet.

My kids are 3 and 5. They both play the Wii and Playstation. They're pretty careful with them.

How does a 2 and 3 year old have enough time alone to break everything? yes, I have kids, 5 and 3, but hell, I think I would hear it before it got that out of hand.

It takes literally seconds. I had a drawer of various items. My youngest opened it, and I was across the room. By the time I looked over, registered what he was doing, and made it across the room, he had found a digital camcorder tape and pulled the tape out. 2 to 3 seconds.

It takes literally seconds. I had a drawer of various items. My youngest opened it, and I was across the room. By the time I looked over, registered what he was doing, and made it across the room, he had found a digital camcorder tape and pulled the tape out. 2 to 3 seconds.

+1.

From what I've read in these forums, adults can be pretty adept at breaking things, literally in seconds, too. :D

but to break the controllers and then the LCD, for small kids? I don't believe it, especially the 2 year old being able to pack enough strengh to do that much damage. Sure a wild swing and such, but they won't be quiet when it starts happening.

At that age most kids lack any sort of hand eye co-ordination. My son and my nephew both showed no interest in it at that age. My son is now 8 and he plays guitar hero and some of the Ratchet and Clank games but before he turned 5 (I'm guessing) he tried and didn't care for any video games. He also plays Roller Coaster Tycoon on the PC and just loves that.........he's better at it than I am!
A 2 year old? Come on.......that's just asking for trouble. They lack any sort of judgement or the concept that a gaming controller is more fun if it's not broken into a million pieces.

Oh trust me this isnt a normal family and supervision is a german word to the mother and father, lets just say that news at 5 could be a good possibility with their family.

my kids are 15 an 17. They started console gaming when I use to have the Sega channel from my cable provider in 1998. So essentially they started at 5 and 7. They got Xbox Live accounts in 2005 when they got a 360 to add to the list of consoles which included Sega, NES, PS1 and 2, Game cube and an Xbox. Now we have a Wii and 2 360s... Not counting all the Nintendo Gameboy through DS and hacked PSP:eek: See waht happens when you let little kids play.. cost thousands later:D

my kids are 15 an 17. They started console gaming when I use to have the Sega channel from my cable provider in 1998. So essentially they started at 5 and 7. They got Xbox Live accounts in 2005 when they got a 360 to add to the list of consoles which included Sega, NES, PS1 and 2, Game cube and an Xbox. Now we have a Wii and 2 360s... Not counting all the Nintendo Gameboy through DS and hacked PSP:eek: See waht happens when you let little kids play.. cost thousands later:D
The Sega Channel.. there's a blast from the past...

My 6 year old has his own 360 and Wii, and has access to the family PS3. My 15 year old has his own 360 and Scott has his own 360. Funny thing, the other day, I had just ironed Scott's clothes in the morning and I left my water sprayer out, and my 6 year old found it and decided to "clean" the 60" sony... There were dark triangles in the bottom corners of the TV. Scott was not happy! Luckily, they went away! whew! Guess I will make sure to put that bottle away next time! He also was told not to do it again. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)