• YEs It sounds worse

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No there is no difference

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • It si different but not necessarily better

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The buzzy high-end on the lower bitrate channels is greatly reduced.
Stereo separation "feels" much wider than before. Instruments that reverb into stereo actually reverb into stereo now.
Mid-range is tweaked to sound richer.
The sibilance, while still there, does not splatter into left and right speakers.

I listen in headphones.

I can't tell any difference. This may be because most of my xm listening is in my pick-up, which doesn't have a great sound system, but does get great reception on the AM stations which I listen to for sports talk radio. When I get a chance, I'll hook my xm back up to my in home stereo system. I may be able to get a better idea if there is any change.

The midrange is definitely improved, and the highs, while definnitely improved, are a little 'too' improved now...perhaps harsh is the best word now, but its better. I'm listening on an old Roady2, so I don't have the best reference unit. The sound definitely sounds more Sirius-ish, as I'm a dual-sub ;)

Just listened to my XM, and yes I can tell a difference. Much fuller sound indeed. Let me say it like this, I can tell a bigger difference on XM than I can on A&E HD!

Now instead of sounding like horrible internet radio, XM just sounds like internet radio. Still sounds very compressed in my opinion. Highs still aren't good, but low end is a little better.

P.S. I currently have a free trial subscription which i will not renew, so don't flame me for giving my opinion.

I have to say, the music has a richer quality to it, it sounds full, instead of flat, if that makes any sense. I have noticed I want to turn up my XM and "rock out" so to speak. I have not had that feeling in a long time. I also agree with the above comments that there seems to be more noticeable stereo separation with the change.

One question - has this improvement been applied to the Clear Channel commercial music channels, and/or Radio Disney and XMPR? I'm not sure I can tell. The CC cm music channels already use a higher bitrate than the commercial-free XM-produced ones, and XMPR and Disney are two channels that carry quite a bit of music.

not perfect, but it is a hell of a lot better

the new audio processing is not perfect, but it is a hell of a lot better the the old audio processing. I am very impressed what XM and Neural Audio have done with the upgrade to the new audio processing on the music channels
Because of my crazy work schedule today is the first day that I have really had the chance to listen to the changes to the on-air streams. So far it is sound very surprising good. I was able to listen the first few the changes early on the 5th. at that time the channels were cutting in out. I guess do to the upgrade being done.
Thanks again XM and Neural Audio for making XM an enjoyable experience again.
Yes I will be sending XM and Neural Audio CEO's a big Thank You email on a job well done.

yeah sounds great here too

PS i just got a skifi2 last tuesday it works great I love it :)

Well this one is closed. it looks like over 65% of you noticed the difference and like it. That percentage held pretty steady at around 60% until the last few days.

It looks like XM did the right thing this time.

Sounds like same old crap to me, muted and flat. any CD I put in sounds 10x better. Coudl be the XM receiver int he Acura TL, but everything else sounds good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)