Do You Remember when...

Also, when under the truck changing the oil, neighbors are amazed that I can work on my own vehicle. To me, changing the oil is so simple, but I guess if one has never been shown how to do it, it seems like something special.

avediswolf said:
Also, when under the truck changing the oil, neighbors are amazed that I can work on my own vehicle. To me, changing the oil is so simple, but I guess if one has never been shown how to do it, it seems like something special.
Yeah, people think I'm crazy when I change my own oil too. I use Mobile 1 fully synthetic so it's actually more expensive for me to do it than to have it done with poorer quality oil.

Anyway, isn't this a satellite TV forum. :eureka

Almost always change my own oil.
Until I bought my wife a new van last year, and it came with free lifetime oil changes at the dealer. Used that once. After sitting around for 2+ hours, I decided it was cheaper in time to just do the 10 minute job myself.

Love home owner installs. Had one not to long ago.

Dish sent me out for a service call. Show up at the house, there is the dish mounted to a pallet, that is leaning against the side of the house. 100' run of RG-59 running across the sidewalk over some bushes and in through a open window. Oh and there was no line of site anywhere near the house.

Another good one was mounted to the hand rail of the steps leading upto the trailer. By mounted I mean they wraped a coat hanger around the mast a couple of times. Then the old Walmart special RG-59 coax going in the window as well.

iafirebuff said:
you could walk into Sam's club and buy a Dish Network system, walk out with it and install it yourself? Boy those were the days! Not being able to install a dish system takes away all the fun! :)

I got two 311 systems from Radio Shack in Sarasota in June 2006. They were complete systems with dish 500s in each of the boxes.

Price? $49.99 EACH LOL

Still possible to do a walk in and install yourself, but ya gotta get real lucky to get those kind of prices at the same time!!!!

There are prepaid systems that you can buy and they are do it yourselfers. You can buy an installation kit for pretty cheap too.

:) i remember them at wallmart also. my first was directv at Montgomery wards. they just got them in and were putting them on the shelf. i grabbed the third one out the door and activated the day after they started service. i just cannot remember when that was i think in the fall??? and then switched to dishnetwork in 1995 i think? i don't even remember why? god they say your memory is the first to go. lol i do remember how easy it was to set up i have the vhs tape to show you how!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)