Do You Remember?

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
When we first moved to this house 17 years ago was the first taste of cable tv.Where we did live we only could receive 5 channels with an outside antenna.Good thing I did not have to work the next day,cause I stayed up all night checking out those 52 channels.I thought I died and went to heaven when I had the Discovery,Nat.Geo.,Travel,A&E,and the Locals on the Eights.In 1990 the cable company said we could only have one tv hooked up.My nieghbor worked for Charter in another town and he hooked up a four way splitter.He said what they don't know won't hurt em.Never understood the reason behind that but now they advertise it.Then came those big satellite dish,then prime star and now there are only two players.Went with dish for five years but we wanted high speed internet.The cable company ran fiber optic in our area and offered digital cable/BB/voip phone for 99$.Jumped on that deal and saved 64$ a month.Still have all my favorite channels and putting that 64$ into my 401K.What goes around comes around! overtimeman :cool:

The old boxes didnt have a remote :)

and I still have one of those slider boxes laying around from a defunct cable company :)

I guess you wouldnt call it a remote since it had a cord.... I think it was Zenith who made them. They had like a 20ft cord, and a slider on them heh

My first taste of cable was 13 channels and a box with a a/b/c switch. A was normal cable(13 channels), B was HBO and C was The Movie Channel. When we got it hooked up, the first movie we watched on HBO was The Blues Brothers. I can't remember what year this was, it was between 1980-1985.

We had 12 channel cable (2-13) during the 70s and 80s, sometime in the mid 80s they expanded to 20+, then later to the 36 channels and eventually up to the 70 or so chanels we have now on analog. Since about 2000 we had a digital lineup too.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts