Doctor Who

Why did they go so much older for the new doctor? I would think that they would want to appeal to an younger crowd . The last two doctors were in their 30s and this guy looks like he is in his 50s.

He's 55. It will be interesting to see how he holds up to the vigors of filming. He's been busy for the BBC this year. Just finished filming The Musketeers 10 episode series for BBC as Cardinal Richelieu and then they start filming Doctor Who in a couple of months.

The Musketeers starts on BBC in a few weeks when The Voice UK returns. It looks interesting. It's a coproduction of BBCWorldwide and BBCA. so I am guessing it will air on BBCAmerica in the spring after it finishes it UK run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved David Tennant in the role, not so much Matt Smith. I'm willing to give Capaldi a try. Actually, I liked Russel T. Davis's writing more than Peter Moffat's. I just wish the Tennant Doctor had had more scenes with River Song. :D

Loved David Tennant in the role, not so much Matt Smith. I'm willing to give Capaldi a try. Actually, I liked Russel T. Davis's writing more than Peter Moffat's. I just wish the Tennant Doctor had had more scenes with River Song. :D

It's Steven Moffat, not Peter. Everyone has a favorite. I have enjoyed watching them all.

Reactions: Annie61
I liked both Tennet, Eccleston, and Smith in that order. I don't really remember the earlier Doctors because I was young and don't recall seeing the shows but a couple of times on our local PBS back in the day.

What I think will be more interesting than his age will be his voice. He is Scottish.

Also I read that he was in World War Z as a 'W.H.O. Doctor'! lol

I liked both Tennet, Eccleston, and Smith in that order. I don't really remember the earlier Doctors because I was young and don't recall seeing the shows but a couple of times on our local PBS back in the day.

What I think will be more interesting than his age will be his voice. He is Scottish.

Also I read that he was in World War Z as a 'W.H.O. Doctor'! lol

Tennant is Scottish too but they had him change his accent for the show. He sounds totally different in other shows

Why did they go so much older for the new doctor? I would think that they would want to appeal to an younger crowd . The last two doctors were in their 30s and this guy looks like he is in his 50s.
A change in pace. Moffett wanted to go with an older Doctor at first, but said Smith nailed the audition.

I've always thought the older ones worked best, though Peter Davidson was pretty good. So far, all but 3, of the Doctors were in their 40's & 50's. Plus it gets us away from the lovey dovey stuff we had to suffer with Rose & Martha and to a lesser extent Amy.

He's 55. It will be interesting to see how he holds up to the vigors of filming. He's been busy for the BBC this year. Just finished filming The Musketeers 10 episode series for BBC as Cardinal Richelieu and then they start filming Doctor Who in a couple of months.

The Musketeers starts on BBC in a few weeks when The Voice UK returns. It looks interesting. It's a coproduction of BBCWorldwide and BBCA. so I am guessing it will air on BBCAmerica in the spring after it finishes it UK run.
Might be earlier, as BBC-America (owed by BBC) has been showing several shows at the same time as BBC One, ever since they took control from the Discovery Network and put it directly under the BBC umbrella.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/musketeers/

Might be earlier, as BBC-America (owed by BBC) has been showing several shows at the same time as BBC One, ever since they took control from the Discovery Network and put it directly under the BBC umbrella.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/musketeers/

True, Atlantis is only running a couple of weeks behind the UK and of course Doctor Who and Top Gear have been airing the same day or a week apart from the UK for the last few series.

I wonder if going to an older doctor will be a mistake. The last few doctors have been very energetic, he is 1000 years young...

I wonder if going to an older doctor will be a mistake. The last few doctors have been very energetic, he is 1000 years young...
Jon Pertwee was very energtic, probably the most action oriented of all 12 Doctors.

I still remember critcism's when Peter Davidson was announced, saying he was too young for the character.

Wow, BBC really doesn't like the regeneration being out there. Weird as it's on iplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try not to link anything other than actual bbc videos when it comes to Doctor Who. BBC is very protective of anything concerning the Doctor and will get it removed quickly if they find it.

The look on Clara's face was great. I liked the little speech Smith gave right before regenerating too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)